Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The IT Pro > Certification & Career

User Tag List

IT Security Professional looking to switch to web design/developper

This is a discussion on IT Security Professional looking to switch to web design/developper within the Certification & Career forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Maybe someone can advise me how to get into web development, I curently work in IT Security however, i have

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 01:51 PM   #1
Registered Member

Maybe someone can advise me how to get into web development, I curently work in IT Security however, i have no passion in this field. I am starting to learn HTML & CSS, i have an idea of what other languages to learn once i have mastered the later which is as follows:

Javascript.
PHP
Python.

The biggest challenge for me at 36 is to gain experience in development so that employers can take me seriously & build a portfolio of what i have done.
How would you suggest me gain experience in this field?

Look forward to your input.

Best Regards

Salv236
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2014, 11:12 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Send a message via Skype™ to tanveerahmed2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by salv236 View Post
Maybe someone can advise me how to get into web development, I curently work in IT Security however, i have no passion in this field. I am starting to learn HTML & CSS, i have an idea of what other languages to learn once i have mastered the later which is as follows:

Javascript.
PHP
Python.

The biggest challenge for me at 36 is to gain experience in development so that employers can take me seriously & build a portfolio of what i have done.
How would you suggest me gain experience in this field?

Look forward to your input.

Best Regards

Salv236
I wouldn't suggest it because there are people light years ahead of you at the game
You can't make a serious income from knowing the basics of HTML & CSS, kids these days that are 13/14 are making 100% responsive HTML5 websites in their spare time.
If I'm honest with you, do it as a hobby, play about and you will improve over time. Also Offer people to build websites for free, this will enable you to build your portfolio as well improve your skills over time, this is the only thing I can suggest you.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:22 AM   #3
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Talk to the folks here Web Design & Development they have a lot of knowledge and experience, that is not to say the advice already given is not of merit, just another place to get advice.

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Closed Thread