Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The IT Pro > Certification & Career

User Tag List

IT Professionals: what do you read?

This is a discussion on IT Professionals: what do you read? within the Certification & Career forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. To all you tech gurus out there - what periodicals, blogs, or other online or print publications do you read

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 08:16 AM   #1
Registered Member

To all you tech gurus out there - what periodicals, blogs, or other online or print publications do you read to stay abreast of what's happening in the information management/communications world?

I'm a self-made tech dinosaur with a 1980's skillset, who's desperately trying to get current, if that's even possible in an industry that's changing so fast...

Thanks for your input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2013, 11:45 AM   #2
Moderator, IT Pro Team
Certification and Career Expert

My System

I don't really pay attention to a select few sources anymore... rather, I tend to look at things that are posted by my IT friends on social media sites (as well as fine forums such as this one).
Old 05-22-2013, 04:39 PM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

OS: XP, Windows7-8, Server03, Server08, SBS2008, SBS2011, Server2012

My System

To add to Michael's comments, create an account at TechRepublic - A Resource for IT Professionals and subscribe to their email lists.

Not all of them, as your mailbox will get flooded, choose a select few and grow from there

I work about 60 hours a week and spend the rest of my time with Family and a couple of online communities, so please be patient when waiting for a reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2013, 05:43 PM   #4
Registered Member

That's the kind of stuff I'm looking for. Thanks Tomshawk!
Old 05-22-2013, 05:49 PM   #5
TSF Enthusiast

Resources and Tools for IT Professionals | TechNet
IT news and top technology headlines - InfoWorld
InformationWeek | Business Technology News, Reviews and Blogs

TSF does not support assistance through email or private messages, please keep all questions in the open forum.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:57 PM   #6
Registered Member

Those look great! I've bookmarked them all along with TechRepublic. Thanks JMPC!
Closed Thread