Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The IT Pro > Certification & Career

User Tag List

IT Career Opinions

This is a discussion on IT Career Opinions within the Certification & Career forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I am currently working on a degree in IT and I am trying to narrow down what exactly I

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 06:33 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi, I am currently working on a degree in IT and I am trying to narrow down what exactly I want to focus on for my career. I recently started looking into web design/development and I think that this is a career that I would really enjoy. However, during my research I have read so many mixed reviews about the job satisfaction, pay, availability etc. One article I read says that this is one of the best, most sought after and laid back tech fields available. The next tells me that everybody and their dog is making websites so it's hard to get jobs and the clients are the most stressful thing I will ever encounter. I also can't get a read on what the pay range is. I would love to hear some opinions from those of you with experience in this or relating fields. Do you think I should pursue web design/development or would my time be better spent focusing on becoming a network engineer or something like that? I know this is a pretty broad question and I appreciate your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2014, 09:35 PM   #2
Moderator, IT Pro Team
Certification and Career Expert

My System

Web designers are a dime a dozen. But people who do the programming for the code that runs on the website are much more in demand. For that, you don't really need to specialize in web development - you simply need to learn how to program.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Career move towards consultancy
Hi peeps, I have been working as ICT Manager for the past 4 years and prior to that worked as IT assistant manager for 1 years. I also worked as assistant communication manager for 1.5 year. Now i have reached a point in my career and the (small) company which i work for that my career...
ozeeo Certification & Career 2 04-30-2013 04:31 AM
Need some Advice for Career in IT
:confused: Hi All, I joined this forum today. I'm looking for some advice here. Let me tell you something about myself first. I started my career with a BPO worked there for several years (though always hated that job). Then moved a well-known MNC as a Video Conference Coordinator and i'm a part...
kumar.vanshaj Certification & Career 13 02-21-2012 12:15 AM
IT career advice!
Hi everyone I'm new to the forum but have been reading around the forums for awhile now and decided on finally making an account. As of right now I am currently in the military (marines) but have about a year left before my active time is over with and I just now realize getting into the IT field...
true2uroots Certification & Career 3 08-04-2011 04:14 AM
Looking for a career in IT
Hello everyone. So Being on deployment, I have had some time to think about what I would like to do in college, I'm 22 years old, with some courses completed in college, not to happy with it, but after looking into careers, Ive decided to go into IT. I have always loved computers and everything to...
cgtlee Certification & Career 1 02-15-2011 10:33 AM