Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The IT Pro > Certification & Career

User Tag List

Computer Technician

This is a discussion on Computer Technician within the Certification & Career forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Will existing and future computer technicians go out of business in a few years? I would like to know since

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 09:23 AM   #1
Registered Member

Will existing and future computer technicians go out of business in a few years? I would like to know since I've read that computers will soon be replaced with tablets? I figure this would effect compute technicians. Considering that I would like a career in this I would not like to go trough a dead end road. What opinions do y'all have?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2013, 09:45 AM   #2
Enthusiast

My System

There will always be a need for people who can fix issues with computers, even more so now as everything is becoming computerised.

I highly doubt tablets will take over desktops for businesses, they may at some point for the average home user but not for the work place.

A lot of kids and adults these days are 'tech savvy' in the way that they know how to use a computer or a tablet but the majority don't know how to resolve problems.

Most home users I talk to get confused with memory and hard drives, they think that they have a laptop or something with 4GB memory and think that it means they have loads of space to store information on and they discount the hard drive even though they see something like 500GB, but thats down to shops like pc world and best buy advertising and selling stuff they really know nothing about and making things confusing for people.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:22 AM   #3
Moderator, IT Pro Team
Certification and Career Expert

My System

If anything, there will be an increasing need for people who can fix tablets. And technology is technology, so, no, I don't think being in IT is a "dead-end road".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2013, 12:39 PM   #4
Registered Member

I see your point. Thanks for the opinion.
Closed Thread