Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The IT Pro > Certification & Career

User Tag List

college questions

This is a discussion on college questions within the Certification & Career forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello everyone , I need some advise on what to do for college.my major would be computer information and system

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 02:23 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello everyone , I need some advise on what to do for college.my major would be computer information and system technology.my main concern is that what is the difference from that major from a computer science.

Iam more into networking staff..and I really hate math...which one takes a lot of math classes? And what do you think about computer science degree? If I take the other major..can I take computer science down the line?

Thank you everyone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2014, 04:50 PM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

IT Majors take courses in different departments. At some point, you can then branch off into your interest. Make sure the school you choose offers the three disciplines you mentioned in your post.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 12-12-2014, 09:32 PM   #3
Moderator, IT Pro Team
Certification and Career Expert

My System

Degree names differ from college to college. What is computer science at one university is something else entirely at another. That said, computer science degrees are often related to programming, whereas information systems degrees are typically related to technical administration.

To be sure that your degree lines up with your career goals, check your colleges course requirements for each degree program. The classes you take should generally line up with what you want to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2014, 08:07 PM   #4
Registered Member

Thumbs Up

Thank you guys ,I will do that.Whenever i have more questios will update the post.
Thanks
Closed Thread