Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The IT Pro > Certification & Career

User Tag List

Career advice

This is a discussion on Career advice within the Certification & Career forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi everyone, this is the first time I'm posting a thread in this forum, I am currently working as a

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 05:51 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi everyone, this is the first time I'm posting a thread in this forum, I am currently working as a Senior Analyst(IT Operations) after completing Graduation, in the present company after a year one can switch domain with certification, so I want to know which is the best certification with high salary and scope of job in the current market(India) out of the following.
SAB BASIS Competent
HP UX
Linux
AIX
Sun Solaris
VMware
Windows & AD
Sybase
CFS ITIL
Exadata Administration
Apache
JBOSS
Web sphere
DB2
End point security
Exchange / Lync
Citrix
SharePoint
Network Voice (Cisco)
ICC
IBM Web sphere Data Power XI52 SOA Appliance
IBM MQ/MB (IBM Messages Queue/Message Broker
Web Methods Integration Server
Hyper V
I am very much interested in IT security but there is no option to switch, and also please let me know which certification I should do inorder to start career in IT Security.
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2014, 07:23 PM   #2
Moderator, IT Pro Team
Certification and Career Expert

My System

My apologies - I don't know how it works in India. But in the US, employers don't hire on the basis of certification and degrees alone.

All of the certifications you describe above are designed for people who already have experience administering those technologies. Said differently, certification is designed not to show employers what you want to be doing, but as validation of real-world experience you already have. So I would recommend that you pursue certifications for what you already have experience doing (not training or book learning, but real-world experience).
Old 01-05-2015, 03:06 PM   #3
Registered Member

Then start from CompTIA's Security+ certification. This will give you a fairly good idea about what is involved in IT Security.

Pick the certification/IT field which interests you the most. If you don't want to get up in the morning because you hate what you do at work, then it wouldn't matter which cert you do. Hope you get my point.

Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2015, 09:13 AM   #4
Registered Member

It really does not matter how many certs. What matters is: do you know the material well?
Closed Thread