Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The IT Pro > Certification & Career

User Tag List

Average UK salary

This is a discussion on Average UK salary within the Certification & Career forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I know there are a lot of variables and different technologies out there, but what is the average salary

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 03:20 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,

I know there are a lot of variables and different technologies out there, but what is the average salary for say a 25 year old within the IT industry within the UK?

Thanks
Peter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2014, 04:47 AM   #2
Enthusiast

My System

It depends on what area you are working with in IT.

If your just starting out you most likely in entry level or 1st line support or a basic tech so you can expect anywhere from minimum wage to £20k Most people would average around the 15k mark.

Never believe any of the crap you see in adverts where it says the average IT salary is 35k. They neglect to tell you thats after getting around 5 years experience, never having a life and basically dedicating your entire life to IT and being employed by an employer who recognises this dedication which in these days is very hard to find.

If your in London you could add 2 or 3k to the 15k I said.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why does my laptop freeze when I unplug it from the power supply?
When I unplug my laptop from the power supply is freezing. I format it yesterday hope that format would solved the problem but is still freezing. I run Power Energy report in Windows 7 and i got this report: Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report Computer Name Scan Time 2013-06-11T12:32:46Z...
kiriakospet Laptop Support 5 02-22-2014 09:44 PM
Excel 2010 AVERAGE across multiple worksheets
I need to average a set of figures across multiple worksheets. In searching the net, I found a way to average cells across worksheets: =AVERAGE('Sheet1:Sheet10'!K5) This will average the contents of the J5 cell across the range of worksheets between Sheet1 and Sheet10. I am using sales data on...
rappleby Microsoft Office support 1 09-23-2011 09:00 AM
Salary of IT officer in New York?
Do you know salary of IT officer in New York? Thanks for replying!
antigonedd Certification & Career 1 05-19-2011 12:22 AM