Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The IT Pro > Certification & Career

User Tag List

Are online IT trainings more effective than traditional learning?

This is a discussion on Are online IT trainings more effective than traditional learning? within the Certification & Career forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Yes? or No? Why and in what way? I'm still confused whether to take up IT courses virtually or personally.

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 06:55 AM   #1
Registered Member

Yes? or No? Why and in what way? I'm still confused whether to take up IT courses virtually or personally.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2013, 11:33 AM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Some individuals learn better with one of the two options. The virtual method takes more personal discipline. The classes offer the ability to interact not only with the teacher, but with other classmates.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:43 AM   #3
Registered Member

I've tried both and i much prefer the traditional classroom setting, this is especially so if you have a family.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2013, 03:28 AM   #4
Enthusiast

My System

it depends what you mean by online learning. There are companies that do online teaching and basically tell you what questions you will get on tests and the answers and they will charge a lot of money for their service. Doing that will teach you nothing and you will end up costing a company you work for money and wasted time.

There are companies that are legit and provide support but also promise job offers that never materialize.

Then there are proper online companies which are spot on.

The above also applies to training providers that provide classroom based scenarios.

All my certs were done by studying on my own with the appropriate materials and practicing what I learned.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:56 PM   #5
Moderator, IT Pro Team
Certification and Career Expert

My System

Everyone learns differently. I can tell you what I prefer, but ultimately, you're the only one who can decide for what's best for you.

So how do I learn best? I dislike structured classroom training... it's too slow, it's too expensive, it's on their schedule, and it uses training materials they've chosen. I'd rather train at my own speed on my own schedule using the best training materials available at a far lower cost... leaving me more time to spend with my family.
Closed Thread