Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The IT Pro > Certification & Career

User Tag List

about using IDE with IntelliSense

This is a discussion on about using IDE with IntelliSense within the Certification & Career forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. im a graduating student of Information Technology and an intermediate programmer. I've made some database information systems and am currently

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 11:03 PM   #1
Registered Member

My System

im a graduating student of Information Technology and an intermediate programmer. I've made some database information systems and am currently tinkering in android app, made about 5 apps now (haven't put them yet in google play).

I went to a seminar where the speaker is quite boastful as he said that using IntelliSense is making the programmer lazy. All of my android application where done on eclipse ADT with IntelliSense. The question is this: am I low-grade programmer for being fond of using IDEs with IntelliSense/error detector? Will that make me a second class programmer?

P.S. I am quite dependent on using IDEs with IntelliSense as my code/syntax vocabulary is still quite small...

Thanks for taking time reading my dilemma..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2014, 03:58 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

What's wrong with IntelliSense? It designed to help you, it doesn't mean your a less knowledgeable programmer.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:58 AM   #3
Registered Member

My System

that's a very valid and strong point.. thanks for the reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2014, 03:40 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

Welcome, and I wouldn't expect someone to remember the entire language or a API off by heart, however, I would expect them to least understand the code they were writing or the subject they were reading.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] How to transfer OS and all files from an IDE to a SATA without OS both insta
Hello, In my computer, I have 2 HDD. An IDE and a SATA one. The IDE already had the OS and other files in it, so I didn't wanted to format it and install on the SATA because laziness. I know realize this was a huge mistake and I should've gone through the hassle, but whatever. Both HDDs...
Fideon Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 5 12-07-2013 10:49 AM
[SOLVED] Optiplex 755 sff 280PSU low profile graphics card
i need help finding a cheap low profile graphics card for my computer its psu is only 280W and every card i see recommended watt is always 300-450 im not the tech savy :angry:
ogquinn Video Card Support 43 01-23-2013 01:51 PM
Need help w IDE - SATA adapter
I notice that only one question on IDE to SATA converters seems to have been asked previously and noone answered it, so if there's a better place to ask please advise me. I just bought three SY-BIR-IDESA IDE to SATA bidirectional converters to connect my IDE hard drive, CD drive, and dvd...
villandra Hard Drive Support 4 09-05-2011 08:52 AM
Sata to ide
My motherboard on my Dell optiplex 270 , has 2 serial ata ( sata) connectors , and the usual ide connectors . But as I already have 2 ide hardrives ( one on windows xp and other for storage ) going to one of the ide connectors and dvd writer to the other ide connector, on the motherboard, I...
robyyy1 Motherboards, Bios & CPU 3 07-01-2011 12:05 AM
IDE & SATA
Hello, Some Information On My System ] I am new to this forum. I have very few experience with hardware but a lot of knowledge in software. This forum look's really good, i signed up to see if i can get some knowledge and input on a situation that i am having with my desktop. I have two...
xxcorrosionxx Hard Drive Support 3 04-23-2011 05:17 AM