Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The IT Pro > Certification & Career

User Tag List

A+ test.

This is a discussion on A+ test. within the Certification & Career forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hey fellow techs, i'm here seeking some advice.. I've been studying off and on for my A+ for about id

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 05:16 PM   #1
Registered Member

hey fellow techs, i'm here seeking some advice.. I've been studying off and on for my A+ for about id say a year now, do i believe I'm ready? YES do i have doubts that i may fail? YES the vouchers aren't cheap and I'm not made of money..

1st question: i know that the questions are weighted but if you were to give a number, about how many questions out of 100 are you able to miss?

2nd question: anyone got some legit practice test or advice that maybe could help me just push and take the test with confidence?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2013, 01:39 AM   #2
Enthusiast

My System

when I did my A+ exams which was the 600 series one of the tests had 700 as the pass score and the other was 645 as compTIA and other certs like Microsoft ones they do not tell you how the questions are weighted but you can sort of guess at it when you are doing the exam.

For example a detailed one answer question will probably be weighted higher than a question that is a sentence long and has 4 choices to pick from where you have to pick two of the answers but like I said there is really no way to tell.

From my experience and the scores needed it worked out at around 70% meaning you could get around 12-15 answers wrong but thats just a guess. You should be aiming to get everything correct although this is quite difficult. I did both tests on the same day and got 100% in one and I think the other was about 70 or 80 out of the other.

I can mention two practice tests which are legit one is free and is ok and the other you need to pay for but it is the best exam provider I ever used and I have used all the legit ones.

ProProfs: Knowledge Management Software & Resources is free and Cisco Network Simulator | IT Practice Exams | IT Training | Boson.com is paid for but worth it.

Also free video training is available from Professor Messer, CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Linux, Microsoft Certification Training
Old 10-31-2013, 01:41 PM   #3
Registered Member

thanks greenbrucelee, ive actually watched all of professor messer videos, twice actually, and im about to finish up reading of examcram book.. i think i would pass but its just alot of money.. maybe ill buy one voucher, give the 801 a try and go from there..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2013, 01:55 PM   #4
TSF - Enthusiast

OS: Windows 8 Ent, Server 2012, 2012R2, Server 2008 R2 Stnd,

My System

make sure that week before your exam there is not much going on in your personal life i kind of felt that way when my exam was coming up and my kid's birthday as well
stay focused on the exam and go out there and find more resources because one thing I i have noticed with cert exams is there are lots of question can come your way that are not covered by books or videos
so study hard and find every resource you can get your hands on to cover the topics and beyond
Memory Test
Old 11-01-2013, 03:05 AM   #5
Enthusiast

My System

visit www.gracetechsoution.com and buy a discount voucher you use the voucher code on the pearsonvue website to pay for the test.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:07 AM   #6
Registered Member

i done the new 801/802 in july, i got about 75 questions on the first one with 4 being sims and about the same for the 802...you should be able to get what your looking for here Mod. edit: link = 404, try: CompTIA A+ Certification luck with it...
Old 11-06-2013, 02:11 PM   #7
Enthusiast

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denlaw View Post
i done the new 801/802 in july, i got about 75 questions on the first one with 4 being sims and about the same for the 802...you should be able to get what your looking for here Mod. edit: link = 404, try: CompTIA A+ Certification luck with it...
remember you signed an NDA when you went for the test, i.e your not supposed to talk about anything that happened in the test.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:27 PM   #8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbrucelee View Post
remember you signed an NDA when you went for the test, i.e your not supposed to talk about anything that happened in the test.
Right you are, though its quite well know about what's in the test..
Closed Thread