Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The IT Pro > Certification & Career

User Tag List

A+ Certification Question

This is a discussion on A+ Certification Question within the Certification & Career forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. So I just completed and passed the test, but what I'm wondering now is, is there a second test I

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 10:25 AM   #1
Registered Member

So I just completed and passed the test, but what I'm wondering now is, is there a second test I have to pass for CompTIA A+ certification? I ask because I got an email from them saying this:

Finish Up Your CompTIA A+ Certification Today!

Youíre Almost Certified!
Donít give up now; youíre only one test away!
You already passed one of the exams required to earn this certification. Donít let your efforts go to waste.

I don't recall there being two tests when I took a high school course that could have seen my certified (but opted not too for foolish reasons).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2014, 10:34 AM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

There are 2 exams for CompTIA A+ 220-801 and 220-802 the 802 is a little tougher, but can be done, I did it a few months ago.

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:43 AM   #3
Registered Member

Ya I just found the clarification on the description of the voucher. Sucks I have to buy another one for it. Really thought I had that behind me but oh well, I've gotten this far already.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2014, 10:53 AM   #4
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

You will do fine

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:03 PM   #5
Moderator, IT Pro Team
Certification and Career Expert

My System

There have always been two tests required for the A+ certification. It is possible that the test in high school was a course test, not the official A+ certification exams.

Don't sweat it. The 802 exam is just as passable as the 801 exam. :)
Old 07-24-2014, 12:09 PM   #6
Registered Member

Thanks for the words of encouragement fellas. Just feel silly now cause I applied to a few jobs with an updated resume, hehe. Will probably take the second test as soon as I have the money for the voucher.
Closed Thread