Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

User Tag List

Windows Vista problem - Graphics Card issue! Blue Screen!

This is a discussion on Windows Vista problem - Graphics Card issue! Blue Screen! within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I have a HP Pavillion laptop model dv9292eu. The graphics card is a Nvidia Geforce Go 7600 and I

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 07:27 AM   #1

Hi,

I have a HP Pavillion laptop model dv9292eu. The graphics card is a Nvidia Geforce Go 7600 and I am having issues with it. It appears the drivers have been corrupted. I cannot boot into normal mode. I keep getting vertical green lines in the background.

When i get to the login screen the famous blue screen appears which states the following:

Stop 0X000016
Attempt to reset the device driver and recovery failed. Collecting crash dump.....100%

Then the computer restarts.

I then logged into Safe mode and the following message appeared:

Program Signature:
Problem = Bluescreen
O.S Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
locale ID = 2057

BCcode 116
BCP1 87D0F328
BCP2 8C20BFB0
BCP3 00000000
BCP4 00000002

C:\Windows\minidump\091009-01.dmp
C:\Users\Dave\AppData\local\temp\WER-111447-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Dave\AppData\local\temp\WERBBCF.tmp.version.txt

I did some searching and i found 116 code is related to the graphics chip. I was advised to go to HP site and download the graphics drivers. I downloaded the first version of the graphics card driver for my laptop and executed the file in safe mode.

I restarted the laptop and the greenlines were gone and i actually got to the login screen!woo! but then when i logged in, the screen went blank for 10 mins and nothing appeared. I hit the power button to restart and the problem came back. Sorry for profanity but ***?

I then went back and downloaded the latest graphics card drivers and same problem happens.

I then found out there is a new BIOS update, i thought that may fix other problems that may be causing it. I downloaded the exe file and try executing it using admin account in safe mode. It said the following:

"Make sure you have administrator privileges. This service cannot be started in Safe Mode. Error code 1084".

The BIOS manufacturer is Phoenix.

Questions

How can i flash the BIOS because i cant login into normal mode(not safe mode)?

How can I solve my graphics card issue? As you know the graphics card is embedded on the motherboard.

Heres where i got the drivers from:
https://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...roduct=3357937

Your help will much appreciate if anyone shed any light on this.

Than you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread