Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

User Tag List

Win 10 BSOD, blames atheros driver, not so sure about that..

This is a discussion on Win 10 BSOD, blames atheros driver, not so sure about that.. within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. BSOD issues started Sep 10. All Windows updates were applied. GPU drivers were removed and reinstalled. Atheros driver was up

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 02:27 PM   #1
Registered Member

My System

BSOD issues started Sep 10. All Windows updates were applied. GPU drivers were removed and reinstalled. Atheros driver was up to date via Microsoft, but a slightly newer version was found and installed. Virus and malware scans were completed with no detections (Malwarebytes and Trendmicro). MWB Anti-Exploit did start to fail to launch, was removed.

Driver Verifier was turned on for the last 1 or 2 crashes.

Can dual boot to Win7 which seems to work fine. Hopefully someone here can figure something out for me.

Custom Desktop

OS
--Retail, Windows 10, 64 bit
Approximate age of system (hardware)
-- GPU and HDD, 1 year, all others 3 years.
Approximate age of OS installation (if you know)
--Approximately 6 months, trouble free.
Have you re-installed the OS?
--No.

CPU: AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core 3.8GHz
GPU: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 100ME
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB
MAINBOARD: BIOSTAR TA990FXE
PSU: Corsair TX750W
Attached Files
File Type: zip Perfmon_16-09-2016_1300.zip (151.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: zip SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip (1.40 MB, 8 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Freezing/Stuttering while playing Diablo 3.
Hi, after 2 days of trying to fix this myself and doing all the research I could, I haven't found a fix, so I'm finally making a topic. Description of problem: During gameplay anywhere from every 3-30 seconds my screen will freeze for 0.5-3.0 seconds. These freezes are noticeably worse when...
HBDomo PC Gaming Support 9 09-05-2015 09:41 AM
[SOLVED] Having trouble with my Alienware
Hi all, I have an Alienware m17xR3 with i7-2760QM with a Radeon HD 6990m. I am having serious trouble with it and I have no clue where to look at. My laptop have super low FPS in pretty much any game I try even though it is supposed to be a gaming rig. I tried pretty much everything, udpated...
bellygrub Laptop Support 18 04-16-2014 05:47 PM
[SOLVED] Direct3d not working
Hello, Suddenly today none of my games would launch and they would all give similar errors about d3d, direct3d not initializing. I have tried different versions of drivers as well as reinstalling directx. No clue what to do next, hoping anyone can help me. dxdiag
partyskulk Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 3 03-27-2013 11:10 AM
[SOLVED] GTX 680 blackscreen
Hi I've just built this comp and keep getting this every few minutes. Is it a faulty card or MB as I've tried a newer version of drivers. This card worked fine on my other MB and has only just started doing it since the new build. Comp is: W7 ultimate MB = Asrock X79 Extreme 9 CPU = I7...
reallyxxxxloud Video Card Support 7 07-29-2012 05:20 AM
[SOLVED] Yet Another Antivira Av Virus :(
so I've gotten this virus Antivira Av that will pop up and say that I'm under attack... obviously fake. right now I'm in safe mode as i can't open anything other than the internet without Antivira closing it out. I couldn't find a save button for the Gmer log, so if necessary i can run it again...
chuckles3 Resolved HJT Threads 22 03-05-2011 10:39 PM