Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

User Tag List

[SOLVED] Lots of BSOD's [moved from Vista/ Windows 7]

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Lots of BSOD's [moved from Vista/ Windows 7] within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I am going to try to post as much info on my problem as possible, which may be quite

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 07:08 AM   #1
Registered Member

Mistake

Hi, I am going to try to post as much info on my problem as possible, which may be quite a bit. I have been getting quite a few BSOD's in the past few weeks (in which time I have not installed any new software other than SP2 for vista 64, which I have already determined not to be the problem.). I will post what I think are the most relevant ones in the order that they happened (oldest to newest).
1 - System_service_exception error with nvoclk64.sys
So I uninstalled all overclocking software, and reinstalled nvidia drivers. The error happened again, so I installed the Omega drivers. Error continued so I went back to latest nvidia drivers again. Then the errors seemed to stop until,
2 - Kmode_exception_not_handled error with jraid.sys. So not knowing too much about the jraid driver ended up just installing the raid drivers for my motherboard (GA-EX58-UD3R). Im not sure if this helped at all, because after a reboot I got another,
3 - Kmode_exception_not_handled error, this time only pointing to ntoskrnl.exe. Not much help. Turned the computer back on and soon got
4 - Kmode_exception_not_handled error with ataport.sys. So i decided to overwrite the file (from recovery cmd line) with the one on my Vista install disk. Rebooted, and got the next bsod,
5 - Kmode_exception_not_handled pointing this time to dxgkrnl.sys. This is where I started to get REALLY confused, as all of the other errors except 1, could have had to do with a bad hard drive or something.... No clue on this error. So I rebooted again, and about 5 mins in got,
6 - Kmode_exception_not_handled error pointing only at ntoskrnl.exe again..
By the time error 6 happened, I have my AV (AVG free) uninstalled, and most non windows software disabled from startup running (exceptions being, the new RAID driver, and Realtek HD audio manager). My computer is a custom build. Components are as follows:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
CPU: Intel Core I7 bloomfield 2.6 ghz
GPU: evega GTX280
PSU: Corsair TX850w
Memory: 8Gb Corsair
Hard drives: 1.5TB Seagate, 80GB haitatchi
Blu-ray: LG Blu-ray burner (disabled in BIOS just in case..)
System is adequately cooled by 7 fans (most 120mm) running at 40c, under load max 85c.
Am I missing something? My possible solutions are either a bad psu unit (even though 3,5,12 rails are within +-5%, tested with multimeter.), Bad HDD, bad GPU, or some sort of really nasty virus/rootkit that couldnt be found by AVG, or even by a virus scan from a live linux disc.. HELP lol..
Edit:
Also have done a chkdsk, which found and repaired some minor errors, checked the event log, which didnt turn up anything interesting, and checked dxdiag, which indicates everything is OK.
Edit again:
most importantly I was getting all of these blue screens about 2 weeks ago too, so did do a fresh install of vista, and its happening again(these errors being the ones after the reinstall). What is kinda strange though is that I have no problems when using Kubuntu (latest version)...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2011, 07:30 AM   #2
Registered Member

OS: Windows 7 Pro - X64, Mac OS Snow Leoperd, win 98, 2000, MS-DOS 6.22, Win 3.1

My System

Send a message via MSN to marco23p

Please click on this link for the correct bsod posting instructions

Thank you
Old 02-12-2011, 04:34 PM   #3
Registered Member

Grin

Thank you for directing me to the BSOD info gathering app. Very useful tool. After analyzing the info it compiled I determined the problem was with a faulty uninstall of AVG, and also with a faulty usb to midi driver. THANK YOU. PROBLEM SOLVED. Also, did you program that tool yourself?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2011, 06:12 PM   #4
TSF Team Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBerczel View Post
Also, did you program that tool yourself?
No. It was programmed by jcgriff2 and TheOutcaste

Glad to hear you fixed your issue with the information!
Closed Thread