Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

User Tag List

[SOLVED] BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi! I believe my graphics driver is crashing my windows. I've got several BSOD messages, at first I thought it

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 06:02 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi!

I believe my graphics driver is crashing my windows. I've got several BSOD messages, at first I thought it was a faulty RAM so I purchased new ones and I used the other two slots on my motherboard. It didn't helped. I tried to update every driver on my pc but it started crashing more frequently. I decided to reinstall my win, I thought maybe its a win error. I was wrong. On new win I installed the drivers and just a few basic programs and afer an hour I've got another BSOD, but this time the win didnt boot up again so I had to do a system restore. Now I'm running without graphics driver.
My pc specs are:
CPU:AMD Phenom II x2 545
MB:asus m4a785-m
GPU:Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 7770
RAM:Kingstone DDR2 800MHz 2x2GB kit
PSU: Crosshair CX430
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 completly new install without updates, previously I had Windows 7 professional x64 fully updated.
My CPU and MB are maybe 4 years old, my PSU and GPU are less then one years old and my RAM are brand new.
Thank you for your help.
Attached Files
File Type: rar report.rar (290.2 KB, 32 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2013, 10:02 AM   #2
Team Manager - Hardware
Acting Manager, Security Center

My System

It could easily be that very poor psu. Can you tell us what the BSOD messages are? Never mind I missed the file attached.
I see mention of no Antivirus onboard for one and also messages that your video card is very poor for what you are doing and unless that is a wrong driver issue it makes no sense to me.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and more effectively.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:21 AM   #3
Registered Member

Well this pc was running for a year without any problems, so I dont think it would be a PSU problem. In attached files you can see some error logs from the last crash, unfortunatelly I dont have the prevous logs because I had to reinstall win.The last crash message was : SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and I have a photo from one of prevous crashes which says:the video memory manager has encountered an unexpected fatal error.
I'll try to monitor the psu voltages maybe it's unstable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0008.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	155.7 KB
ID:	149754  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2013, 10:28 AM   #4
Team Manager - Hardware

My System

Actually the fact the psu has been it it over a year is greater indication because psu's degrade over time and begin to harm other components if they are poor quality.

That is a graphics card error so maybe plus what I read in your attachment suggests you need to try another gpu. I would not replace the gpu without replacing the psu as that is a cancer in your system. I had bought a few of those a few years back for inexpensive builds and they killed a lot of systems down the road, not right away.CWT mfgrs those and you really have to try to find a worse made Psu.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and more effectively.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:23 AM   #5
Registered Member

Can you suggest me some tests which I can do to tell if its the PSU failing or not? Unfortunatelly I don't have another PSU or GPU and during chrismas it's hard get one. So first I want to make some tests just to be sure it's the fault of the psu. If it isnt enough it should drop some voltages if I'm right so the OCCT psu test would tell me if I have a problem with psu?
Old 12-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #6
Team Manager - Hardware

My System

You can buy a tester for the psu but since we know it is poor quality and needs to be replaced for that reason alone I can't advise buying one. The main reason is it may not have damaged the gpu card but something did. The actual problem right now has to be the gpu though it could have been caused by the psu and if not it surely will as that gets older. That psu IMHO is a cancer in your system. Here read what I read:

Symptom: The Security Center has not recorded an anti-virus product.
Cause: The Security Center is unable to identify an active anti-virus application. Either there is no anti-virus product installed or it is not recognized.
Resolution: 1. Verify that an anti-virus product is installed.
2. If an anti-virus product is installed and functioning configure Security Center to stop monitoring anti-virus status.
Related: Anti-virus
Severity: Information
Warning: The "CPU" rating for the system is poor and may be the cause of performance problems. Reducing the number of open applications may improve system performance. Check for unnecessary startup applications and disable those that are not required. If the problem continues the CPU may need to be upgraded.
Related: Performance Diagnosis
Warning: The "Gaming graphics" rating for the system is poor and may be the cause of performance problems in multimedia applications or games. Disabling Aero Glass may improve performance in multimedia applications or games. If the problem continues the display adapter may need an updated driver or may need to be upgraded.
Warning: The "Graphics" rating for the system is poor and may be the cause of performance problems. Disabling Desktop Composition or reducing screen resolution may improve graphical performance. If the problem continues the display adapter may need an updated driver or may need to be upgraded.
Warning: The "Disk" rating for the system is poor and may be the cause of performance problems. Reducing the number of open applications may improve system performance. Ensure the disk has adequate free space and is defragmented. Check for unnecessary startup applications and disable those that are not required. If the problem continues the disk may need to be upgraded.
Warning: The "Memory" rating for the system is very poor and may be the cause for performance issues. Reducing the number of open applications may improve system performance. Check for unnecessary startup applications and disable those that are not required. If the problem continues the memory may need to be upgraded.

Old 12-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #7
Registered Member

So I ran a psu test in OCCT for one hour. Would you be so kind and take a look at graphs if there is anything suspicious? The fps drops, mainly in first 10 minutes was my fault becouse I was still doing something in windows. I don't see there anything wrong. Also I installed a driver from last year for my GPU. It didn't crashed so far. After holidays I will try out new psu but atm I can't
Attached Files
File Type: rar 13-13.rar (684.5 KB, 28 views)
Old 12-25-2013, 01:49 PM   #8
Team Manager - Hardware

My System

Don't know if its me or what but I see nothing in that file.

Old 12-25-2013, 01:59 PM   #9
Registered Member

You mean you downloaded it and its empty or at the screenshots you don't see anything suspicious. I downloaded the rar file and for me its working, if you meant that. I think my voltages are fine except the -12V which is showing -6V and TNPIN2 showing 128 celsius, but I searched for that and I saw everywhere that there is nothing to worry about, that it's caused by unused sensors or what.
If the download not working for you try this : Download 13-13.rar from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
Old 12-25-2013, 02:03 PM   #10
Team Manager - Hardware

My System

I see files in there but they all show empty with nothing in them. Actually not sure why either.

Old 12-27-2013, 03:38 PM   #11
Registered Member

Thank you for your help Rich-M I think I solved my problem with installing older update. It's running without any problems for 3 days now I hope it remains the same :D
Old 12-27-2013, 04:27 PM   #12
Team Manager - Hardware

My System

Great why not mark this solved in the first post under "Thread Tools" in the first post.

Closed Thread