Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

User Tag List

[SOLVED] BSOD Caused by Failed MUI language pack update

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] BSOD Caused by Failed MUI language pack update within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey, guys this is my first post but this is my last resort before i just run a magnet over

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 08:57 PM   #1
Registered Member

Pin

Hey, guys this is my first post but this is my last resort before i just run a magnet over my harddrive and stab myself in the neck with a trowel - a day or too ago i performed a clean installation from a bootable usb of win 7 64bit ultimate onto my custom desktop i had built. I had previously had win 7 32bit home prem. at the end of the installation it said a few things couldnt be configured and wanted me to redo the installation and so i did: same thing happened. i got impatient and shift-f10'ed cmd prompt and then manually finished the installation via msoobe.exe. got to the desktop and all was good. installed all the 64 bit drivers and copied my stuff over etc. then i performed a restart so that the drivers could install. then on restart my computer began configuring updates... nothing out of the ordinary until i get something along the lines off 'updates failed to configure reverting... dont turn off'. I let that finish and now when it restarted i got to starting windows when all of a sudden it bluescreens with the 0x0000012a 'No MUI lnguage pack or something like that'. attempt to boot into all 3 types of safe mode - same BSOD So i perform a startup repair and get nowhere. run a sfc scan and chkdsk and thats when i realized that cmd couldnt even recognise the c:\ and now im lost. WHAT DO???? please help me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2013, 04:41 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Where did you obtain your installation media for Ultimate? I suspect the install media was bad and resulted in a bad install.

-----
Old 02-05-2013, 01:23 PM   #3
Registered Member

Hey, I got it from a mate and it turns out it may have been pirated so I destroyed the instalation media, wiped and reformatted my harddrive and re-installed it using a proper disc i obtained from work. all is running smoothly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2013, 05:54 AM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Thank you for letting us know how you solved it. :-}
Protect Yourself from Piracy

-----
Closed Thread