Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

User Tag List

Recurrent BSOD's after hours of use

This is a discussion on Recurrent BSOD's after hours of use within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. First, although i've never posted here, this forum has solved many issues over the years, Thank you. Situation: After 4-6

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 09:52 AM   #1

First, although i've never posted here, this forum has solved many issues over the years, Thank you.

Situation:
After 4-6 hours of use, but sometimes for aslong as 18 hours i'll receive a BSOD with the following error report:
Quote:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: 00000001
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 8B08253E
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
I've been unable to deduce the source of this issue on my own.
I've upgraded the PSU ( to 500w)
ran clean with McAfee and AVG

System Specs:

https://img165.imageshack.us/img165/15/syspg1rr9.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2007, 04:17 PM   #2
techpro5238

Hi and Welcome to TSF

It has come to my attention that you might have a hardware issue. To better help assist me and the forum I would like you to download a tool called Speedfan and install it from the Executable File. After you have installed the program, I would like you to:
  • Open the program from the [B]All Programs List[/B}
  • After it has loaded I would like you to check or tick do not show again and then click Close
  • If you are running on a desktop I would like you to put the Exact information from the Left, Right, and Bottom Columns (this includes the Temperatures, Fan Speeds, and Voltages)
  • If you are running on a laptop (Mobile PC) then I would like you to put the Exact information from the Left, Right, and Middle Columns
  • If your laptop happens to be a Dell Laptop then click Configure -> then click the Options Tab -> then Check or Tick [B]"Enable DELL support (use this function only on DELL notebooks)" -> then click Ok -> After all of these have been taken care of restart the program by closing the window and restart the program through the All Programs List

Please Post back with your results, Thank You

Old 10-06-2007, 05:40 PM   #3

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2007, 09:20 PM   #4
techpro5238

After, looking over this again it seems that it probably is just overheating. I would like you to buy a compressed air can, and a not-static cloth to clean out your computer.

Old 10-06-2007, 09:47 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by techpro5238 View Post
After, looking over this again it seems that it probably is just overheating. I would like you to buy a compressed air can, and a not-static cloth to clean out your computer.
will do. gonna /facepalm if that's it.

computer will start right back up afterwards, and run normally for another several hours, so i had discounted overheating.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:52 PM   #6
techpro5238

Oh my God, I am so sorry that was my fault for not seeing that. I guess your eyes start going at 12:51 AM huh . I am very tired and packing it in for the night but I will leave your e-mail in my inbox so I can get back to the topic in the Morning. Good Night

Old 10-07-2007, 05:45 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by techpro5238 View Post
Oh my God, I am so sorry that was my fault for not seeing that. I guess your eyes start going at 12:51 AM huh . I am very tired and packing it in for the night but I will leave your e-mail in my inbox so I can get back to the topic in the Morning. Good Night
looking back at my original post, i neglected to mention that it starts right back up, so it's not just you.

Besides, i haven't cleaned it out for a bit anyways, can't hurt it.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:26 AM   #8
techpro5238

Hi and welcome to TSF

To better aid me in the search for your problem we are now going to use the Windows Event Viewer. More information on the Event Viewer is on this link provided: Event Viewer From Answers.com. Please Follow these steps below:
  1. If you are running on WinXP press Start; If you are running on Vista please click the Start Globe
  2. Afterwards type in the Search Bar eventvwr.msc and press enter; If you are running on XP please press Run and then type in eventvwr.msc, next press enter
  3. After Event Viewer is opened in Vista I would like you to click the drop down arrow for Windows Logs and select System; If running on XP just go straight ahead and click System
  4. In this step I would like you to either give us a picture of every event (a screen capture) or just write the whole log list here to the TSF Post. If you want to you can filter the results to be Critical, Errors, and Warnings if you will be typing it as it takes very long to type these things out

Please post back with you results, Thank You

Old 10-07-2007, 04:10 PM   #9

Critical events: ZERO

warning 40968 LsaSrv System 0 6 24 24
Old 10-09-2007, 02:52 AM   #10

cleaned it out anyways,
Problem still occurs
Old 10-10-2007, 07:20 AM   #11
techpro5238

As it seems I have lost all of my information so I can not use my speeches such as the one I had made above, so my reply's will take more time (Sorry for the inconvenience, I just reinstalled my Vista). Now I am gonna go ahead and try for the worst where we will have to reinstall your OS. You will need your Installation Discs/DVD-R's to backup or a flash drive. If you want the steps on formatting and reinstalling Windows please post back.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:36 PM   #12

i was hoping to avoid that, but will do.
I'll post back when it's done (unfortunately probably not until Friday as RL intrudes)
Old 10-10-2007, 06:40 PM   #13
techpro5238

Okay, sounds all good, so reply back when you get your OS back together, we will be waiting

Closed Thread