06-23-2015, 01:37 PM
Join Date: Jun 2015
OS: Windows 7 SP1 x64
Hello TechSupportForum staff,
For the past few months I've been having progressively worse PC freezes.
They occur fairly randomly, but are most noticeable under load or while gaming.
When they happen, the PC freezes up for a moment and the usage of everything including CPU, GPU and HDD drops to 0 for a moment, then goes back up to whatever usage it was at prior to the freeze.
Following these events, a few days ago, I had a BSOD which was caused by AuthenticAMD.
I ran the driver verifier tool and had a few more ntoskrnl.exe BSODs and a nvlddmkm.sys BSOD after reinstalling the Nvidia graphics drivers before turning the verifier off because i'd get a BSOD a few minutes after logging on to my user account which made the PC unusable.
I've done memtest86 and HD Tune's Error Scan and both passed.
Looking forward to you your professional opinions and analysis.
· OS - Windows 8.1, 8, 7 or Vista?
· x86 (32-bit) or x64 ?
· What was the original installed OS on sthe ystem?
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)?
· Approximate age of system (hardware)
Around 1 and a half hears old
· Approximate age of OS installation (if you know)
Around the same time as system age
· Have you re-installed the OS?
Not that I recall
· Video Card
GeForce GTX 260 O.C
· MotherBoard (if NOT a laptop)
Gigabyte 990fxa-ud5 (rev. 1.0)
· Power Supply - brand & wattage (if NOT a laptop)
Thermaltake Smart SE 630w
· System Manufacturer
· Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom)
990fxa-ud5 (rev. 1.0)
Laptop or Desktop?
Thanks in advance!