Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

User Tag List

Occasional ntoskrnl.exe BSOD when playing games

This is a discussion on Occasional ntoskrnl.exe BSOD when playing games within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I've been getting this BSOD every so often, usually when playing DOTA 2 or Just Cause 2. It doesn't

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 09:23 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi, I've been getting this BSOD every so often, usually when playing DOTA 2 or Just Cause 2.

It doesn't happen immediately, I notice the game's framerate dip, and then the BSOD occurs.

I am running a laptop with Windows 8.1. (x64)
It has a nvidia 745M with optimus, and an i7-4500u.
Model is a Clevo W840SN

I have ran memtest with no errors appearing.

Thankyou.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Required info.zip (4.04 MB, 38 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2014, 01:25 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Hi,

The latest attached DMP file is of the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f) bug check.

This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.

If we run an !irp on the 4th parameter of the bug check (blocked IRP address), we get the following:

[ 16, 2] 0 e1 ffffe0000147d040 00000000 fffff802561a2d80-ffffe000038e46f0 Success Error Cancel pending
\Driver\nvlddmkm nt!PopRequestCompletion

^^ nVidia video driver.

Ensure you have the latest video card drivers. If you are already on the latest video card drivers, uninstall and install a version or a few versions behind the latest to ensure it's not a latest driver only issue. If you have already experimented with the latest video card driver and many previous versions, please give the beta driver for your card a try.

Regards,

Patrick
Old 02-02-2014, 03:34 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks Patrick!
I'll get back to you after I downgrade.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2014, 04:41 AM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My pleasure, I look forward to your update.

Regards,

Patrick
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BSOD While playing games
Hi I was playing CS:GO and alt+tab down to desktop to check news and Facebook etc on Google Chrome and suddenly I got BSOD. Here is the Zip. PC Specs: i5-2500k not overclocked at 3.3ghz
yoggi BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 22 02-17-2014 09:48 AM
[SOLVED] BSOD when playing games
OS - Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x64 Original OS installed on system - Windows 7 Home Premium OS - Full Retail Version Laptop age - 4/5 Years I formatted by Laptop some months ago to clean it up like I always do. CPU - Intel Core2 Duo P8700, 2,53GHz Video Card - ATI Mobility Radeon HD...
LazP BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 110 11-27-2013 04:08 PM
keep getting bsod only when playing games though
Hello im new to this fourum and am in need of some help at first ym computer was perfectly fine but all of a sudden its now started going very slow on the internet ( even thought i have BT infinity) and its not the internet its the computer on the internet itsself plus the main problem when i...
trexosx BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 1 06-10-2013 04:15 PM
[SOLVED] BSOD ONLY while playing hardware demanding games
Hi, I've had this problem for a long time and I did post a new thread about it a while back, but I think I didn't have enough information about it and it didnt go anywhere. I've spent hours and hours trying to find what is causing this problem, without success. So here's the problem: ...
Urgo BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 15 08-06-2012 10:40 AM
BSOD when playing games, help needed!
Hi guys, my computer's about half a year old, and every time I play a game for a long time, my computer will BSOD, this problem has been persistent since a couple of weeks after I built it, didn't think much of it at first, but now it's becoming a very annoying issue. I've never crashed when not...
Jamey494 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 1 06-08-2012 07:37 AM