Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

User Tag List

ntoskrnl.exe BSOD's

This is a discussion on ntoskrnl.exe BSOD's within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have been working on a new build htpc: APU Athlon 5350 Quad Core Processor (Socket AM1, 2.05GHz, AMD Radeon

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 02:00 AM   #1
Registered Member

I have been working on a new build htpc:

APU Athlon 5350 Quad Core Processor (Socket AM1, 2.05GHz, AMD Radeon 3 internal GPU)
MSI AM1I AMD Mini ITX Motherboard
Crucial CT102464BA160B 8GB DDR3 240 Pin 1.5V PC3-1600 CL11 Unbuffered UDIMM Memory Module
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5 inch Basic SATA Solid State Drive
CIT 450w Gold 12CM Silent Atx V2.3 Power Supply
Windows 8.1 x64

I am being plagued by multiple BSOD's and also a lot of Windows updates are failing to install.

I have -
the motherboard on the latest firmware
tested the RAM
tested the SSD
tried another PSU
RMA'd the processor
updated the drivers to latest versions.

I've attached a selection of BSOD dumps.
Probably the most common one is PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 0x00000050 ntoskrnl.exe.

Hope you can shed some light on this for me .
Attached Files
File Type: zip BSOD.zip (119.7 KB, 16 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2015, 01:26 AM   #2
Registered Member

I'm trying to arrange to RMA the motherboard but MSI are very slow to respond to my request.
Old 06-16-2015, 04:01 AM   #3
Registered Member

New mobo fixed my problems
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Getting ntoskrnl.exe BSODs
I've been getting 4 BSODs over the past 9 days or so after a year of everything running fine, so I know something must be up. 3 of the BSODs included the ntoskrnl.exe , so I put it into the header. I added the info as described in the BSOD starter thread and also the 4 Minidump files. Specs...
Rapax BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 3 08-29-2013 11:28 AM
Intermittent BSODs - ntoskrnl.exe related?
Hi there. I've recently been having a lot of trouble with BSODs. They're irregular, but seem to happen sooner or later. It's especially frequent when undergoing tasks like playing video games or watching movies, but even stuff like watching YouTube videos or movies with Windows Media Player seems...
wobbly H BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 20 05-31-2013 02:39 PM
Portal 2 BSODs relating to ntoskrnl.exe and hal.dll
Hello! I'm really hoping you can assist me in helping a friend of mine, who is experiencing BSODs every time he runs Portal 2 (at the menu) through Steam. I've also attached all minidumps and (hopefully) useful stuff. We've tried replacing his BIOS using @BIOS, his graphics driver, his...
bobjacques BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 0 05-12-2012 09:43 AM
Windows 7 ntoskrnl.exe BSODs, various messages
I just built a new computer for home use and have been having multiple BSODs, all at the process ntoskrnl.exe. Most of them have been MEMORY_MANAGEMENT errors, but not all. I'm not sure what I should do to fix this. All the components are still eligible for Newegg RMA. Windows Memory Diagnostic...
shobgood BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 3 02-17-2012 08:04 AM
[SOLVED] BSOD problems.
∑ Vista ∑ x64 ∑ What was original installed OS on system? None. Custom built. ∑ OEM: Full Retail Version ∑ Age of system (hardware): 3 years ∑ Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? 3 years. Yes. ∑ CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale ∑ Video Card: EVGA GEforce 8800 GT...
ajcc323 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 25 02-24-2011 04:31 AM