Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

User Tag List

New DIY PC BSOD please help

This is a discussion on New DIY PC BSOD please help within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi! I copied this from my post at Toms but got no answer.. SORRY this is long... I'll divide this

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 06:40 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi!

I copied this from my post at Toms but got no answer..

SORRY this is long...
I'll divide this into whole story first and short further down.
3 weeks ago I posted here about my computer stuck in bootloop. Mobo was most likely the culprit so I decided to upgrade everything.

This is my 6th build so I did the normal testing outside the case piece by piece. Everything ok.
Then i (think?) I did something stupid. After I installed everything into case I booted with the old ssd with the old free win 10 upgrade. I then purchased win10 from windows store and reinstalled IN windows. Benchmarked, tested some games etc to check temps. BAM bsod.

First I thought this could be because I installed in windows som reg files or drivers became corrupted. So i did a clean install in BIOS, installed all my drivers, but again bsod..
Then i bought a brand new ssd just to be sure it was "clean" even if chkdsk was ok.

Got windows support (support my a**) on the line but needless to say they were useless here in Norway.

Installed my old windows 8, to try to minimize driver problems, but after I got bsod again I literally cried! Because then I was sure it was my hardware. (I have tested hardware along the way with no errors, will post further down)

Before I sum up what I have diagnosed, I installed win10 AGAIN 2 days ago, but all this time I've wondered where the cpu display driver was. So I basically just shut down computer, plugged in hdmi in motherboard, booted up and checked if I got signal. I did. Great i thought. plugged my gpu back in and went to sleep with computer on just to get some more minidumps. Behold no bsod at all! checked win update logs and saw that it had installed intel hd630 drivers. It's now been almost 2 days without a single bsod. Could that really have been the culprit?? And why didn't it install earlier? Or maybe it did but i didnt notice but i dont think so..

You may be wondering why I post when it could be fixed? Reason is because I have 2 more days to return and get refund (and buy everything new) But I am sick of waiting! I want to play games!!
So I just want to see if you fine people think it was that driver or if I'm just having lucky days.

UPDATE: This is 2 days after. (again, copied from another forum)

Running nice, played many hours, let it stay on overnight, but now I suddenly got BSOD again.. I really don't know what to do! And tomorrow is the last day to return everything.

Does anyone have any idea if it's just driver issues or could it be hardware and I was just lucky it didn't bsod for 2 days? If so why does it pass all the tests and benchmarks with 0 errors?

BSOD: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (BugCheck 0x3B)

SUMMARY/TESTED
-Memtest 0 errors
-Prime95, occt, 3dMARK, Aida64 ALL OK with good temps.
-No LED "warnings" on mobo
-bsod is random, happened while playing, browsing etc. but always within 3-5 hrs.
-It even got so bad I couldn't boot to windows, BUT safe mode worked fine.
-Did all the usual commands and muuuch more
-Even bought Winthruster and Driverdoc but that didn't help (which again makes me think about hd630 display driver...)

I have some minidumps, but sadly not all because I forgot to back them up.

FILES (hope the links work)

-OCCT: https://ufile.io/jdhrs
-Dump: https://ufile.io/u69b9
-HWinfo: https://ufile.io/nmwx8
-MsInfo: https://ufile.io/hzbcj (BEFORE "FIX" AND AFTER)
-DxDiag: https://ufile.io/j7tbn (BEFORE "FIX" AND AFTER)
-WhoCrashed: https://ufile.io/wrjx7

SYSTEM (Everything is brand new except 2 hdd which is only for storage)

-ASUS ROG STRIX Z270F GAMING
-Intel Core i7 7700K 4.2Ghz
-ASUS GeForce GTX 1080Ti ROG Strix 1569/1683MHz
-Ballistix Sport LT 16GB Grey 2666Mhz
-EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2017, 07:41 PM   #2
Administrator
Manager, Microsoft Support
Acting Manager, Security
BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP

Hi. . .

I really wish that you had run the BSOD Posting Instructions and provided the output zip file.

Please do that right now - https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

It could be the video driver, but there is no way to know for sure.

If I was in your situation, I would return EVERYTHING, then buy everything again new. Put the system together and test it. You now have another 30 days to test and see if the system BSODs.

If you keep the existing parts that have driven you crazy for the last ~4 weeks and you have another BSOD - then what? You're screwed. You'll have to pay for any parts you need - whether new or not. You're out of warranty.

Before you return the parts/system, please run the Sysnative/jcgriff2 app in the Instructions so I can take a look at the dumps + other system info for clues.

But the best advice that I can give you tonight - RETURN ALL OF THE PARTS; RE-BUY ALL NEW PARTS.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2
Old 10-08-2017, 08:02 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks for quick reply and really sorry I didn't check the instructions.

Yeah I agree. I've been pacing back and forth since I got the last bsod.. I will buy new mobo, cpu and ram. I have a spare PSU in case but if some hardware is at fault it's most likely one of those 3 right?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2017, 08:44 PM   #4
Administrator
Acting Manager, Security
BSOD Kernel Dump Expert

Hi. . .

It is impossible for me to even guess without the zip file. I honestly can't tell you that with the zip file that I can give you a 100% correct answer either but without it we're flying blind. Who knows, it may list a driver. On the other hand, if the BSODs are hardware related, the dumps won't tell us much of anything.

Why don't you take 5-10 minutes and run the app right now? I'll wait while you run it. It's only 11:44 pm here.

All you have to do is download this file to Documents. Double-click on it. Let it run. When complete, it will open Windows Explorer and highlight the zip file.

https://www.sysnative.com/apps/Sysnat...lectionApp.exe

Upload the zip file and attach to your next post.

It won't take me long to run the dump files as I've written apps that automate the entire Windbg process.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`
Old 10-08-2017, 09:01 PM   #5
Registered Member

Thanks, you are the first one who really wants to help me

I must go to work now, but I will check your "answer" before I order.

Uploaded one before I installed the driver, and one after with the 1 dump file.
There have been at least 60 bsod this 4 weeks but sadly I forgot to back them all up. Anyway they had the same stopcodes.

Thanks again!
Attached Files
File Type: zip SysnativeFileCollectionAppBEFORE.zip (1.13 MB, 6 views)
File Type: zip SysnativeFileCollectionAppAFTERVGA.zip (522.2 KB, 6 views)
Old 10-08-2017, 09:03 PM   #6
Administrator
Acting Manager, Security
BSOD Kernel Dump Expert

OK... I'll run the dumps and post my conclusions.

You can review it at your leisure.

Regards. . .

John

`
Old 10-08-2017, 09:46 PM   #7
Administrator
Acting Manager, Security
BSOD Kernel Dump Expert

Hi. . .

Well, unfortunately, the dumps did not tell us a whole lot except that based on the bugchecks, I do believe we're dealing with unknown hardware failure here.

Here are the bugchecks - (the BEFORE files) -
Code:

BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff801aa2d0eba, 0, 98}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption
จจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจ``
BugCheck 1A, {41201, ffff940013443718, a000002705e8867, ffff8303b6cf02e0}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiGetPageProtection+1180a5 )
จจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจ``
BugCheck 18, {ffffce8754078630, ffffce8766619fe0, 1, 1}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!NtSetEvent+9f )
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff803d08b131b, ffff99804bfa6070, 0}
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff803210808d3, ffffb501bf0dd150, 0}
BugCheck A, {200001fff8, 2, 0, fffff801d184f6c6}
The AFTER file -
Code:

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff803210808d3, ffffb501bf0dd150, 0}
"Memory Corruption" DOES NOT always mean bad RAM. It can be a whole host of things. The 3rd dump lists "ntkrnlmp.exe" as the probable cause, which it is not the cause. That is the Windows kernel. It is listed merely as a default because the real cause cannot be determined.

You have 5 different bugchecks listed -
  • 0x1e (0xc5,,,) - kernel threw an exception; the exception = 0xc5 = memory access violation
  • 0x1a - severe memory management error
  • 0x18(,,,0x1) - when a driver performs a routine, it adds 1 to a counter. Upon completion, the counter is decremented by 1 (a 1 is subtracted). After all is said and done, this driver ended up with a +1 reference counter (4the parm inside the parenthesis - 0x1) - it should have been -0- (zero) -- thus causing the BSOD
  • 0x3b (0xc5,,,) - system service threw an exception; the exception = 0xc5 = memory access violation
  • 0xa - driver attempted to improperly access pageable memory

The AFTER file -
  • 0x3b (0xc5,,,) - system service threw an exception; the exception = 0xc5 = memory access violation

The total number of bugchecks for 7 BSODs remains at 5. This undoubtedly indicates unknown hardware failure. There are no hints as to which piece of hardware is involved, but experience tells me that RAM or memory (virtual - SSD/HDD) is involved somehow. It could be RAM itself; possibly something to do with the page file (virtual memory); the PSU causing unstable memory; the mobo or CPU causing unstable RAM to a point where the RAM is unable to properly hold kernel code.

Take the parts back; get new parts; assemble the new system. Be cautious of the PSU though. If the PSU is no good or under-powered, the BSODs will immediately return.

I hope some of the above has been helpful. Good luck to you. Feel free to ask any questions that you have. If I cannot answer them, I will find someone who can.

Regards. . .

John

`
EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadCodeA View Post
Thanks, you are the first one who really wants to help me
My pleasure and thank you as well for the kind words. Many OPs just rush in and out thinking we're paid by Microsoft when in fact we are all actually volunteers just trying to help people like yourself.

If you come by any of the links from other forums you've been to, I'd love to see some of the other analysts' conclusions (or whatever they told you). Thank you.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:12 AM   #8
Registered Member

New parts ordered. Only the PSU i'm unsure if I should return because I did a voltage test with occt which came out ok, but that doesn't guarantee anything I know. I have a 2 year old Corsair RM1000 (not i) which was in my old build, but since that computer was stuck in a bootloop for weeks on end I a bit afraid to use it. I've gotten reeeally scared of damaged parts now

I spoke with the store and he said I could return tomorrow so I will probably test it on this build to see if voltages are ok..

Dumb question but if you were in my shoes would you use the old RM1000 and return the new 750G2, or just use G2 and RMA it if I get more bsod on new system? The reason I ask is because I didn't have enough money to buy new while waiting for refund, and I know its nice to have a backup psu..

And again thank you for all your help. I know many people "demands" help, but I also know the knowledge you and others have is extremely rare and would cost MUCH if you took money for it.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:53 AM   #9
Administrator
Acting Manager, Security
BSOD Kernel Dump Expert

Test the RAN with memtest86+

1 stick at a time; alternate the slots; 7 passes minimum for each stick in each slot.

https://www.sysnative.com/forums/har...memtest86.html

John

p.s. If you can return the PSU and get brand new at no cost - do that too.
Old 10-14-2017, 12:00 PM   #10
Registered Member

Hi John!

Yesterday I got my new PSU, CPU, RAM (new type) and MOBO.

No BSOD's yet, (knock on wood!) but I have some of the same errors in event viewer.. I know there's always errors, but to me it looks like something with my user/admin is corrupted?

I'm probably overreacting but you know.. I want to be finished with diagnosing so I can use my computer in peace..

attached info.

(PS the 3 criticals was me shutting down manually because the PC never shut down)

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip (330.7 KB, 5 views)
Closed Thread