Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

User Tag List

My pc freezes randomly.

This is a discussion on My pc freezes randomly. within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. First of all, im sorry about my bad english, and im sorry if i started the thread in the wrong

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 12:11 AM   #1
Registered Member

First of all, im sorry about my bad english, and im sorry if i started the thread in the wrong place.

Okay, im not sure how could I describe this on title, sorry. For a month(im not sure) my computer was saying an error like "Phlanderingshahs.dll not found" or something like that upon the start of the computer, i dont remember. I wrote down to the google, there was no any information about "Phlanderingshahs.dll".

However, computer was doing every function normally. Im not sure if my problem is related with that anyway, just wanted you to know. But few days ago, i go out for 5-6 hours, my pc was on, and when i came back, the computer was ULTRA SLOW, wasn't responsing to any application, i reseted pc few times, nothing changed, i couldnt even use internet to ask help. Sometimes after i reset the computer, it gives an error about "werfault.exe".

I reinstalled the operating system, deleted everything in harddisks including system files and stuff. It kinda worked, but today it slowly happens again, computer sometimes doesnt respond to applications like skype, freezes, needs a reset.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2016, 06:33 PM   #2
Registered Member

My System

Well, I'm not a total computer expert, but maybe I can come up with something.
Is there anything you did shortly before the computer started displaying odd error messages, which might have caused the issue? Maybe you deleted or moved a file or folder, downloaded a new program, recently updated something?

I have no idea what that DLL file might be, or what program it belongs to. If the error comes up again, perhaps write it down so you're certain of what the name is. That might help when you're looking it up.
A DLL file is important in running programs, though, so if you're missing an important DLL file, that might help to explain the issues you're having. ( https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/87934)

Concentrating on the werfault.exe error, some possible solutions I've found are updating or reinstalling drivers. A few people have suggested turning off Windows Error Reporting, and seeing if they still get the same errors after doing so. Another possibility is that your computer may be infected with some sort of malware.( Error code: WerFault.exe - Application error - Microsoft Community)

Open up Windows Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) and see what your computer is running. Are there any programs taking up a lot of RAM or processor speed, processes that you don't recognize or that look strange, or just an insane amount of processes running?

Also try running malware scans. Sometimes one program will detect things another didn't, so consider running multiple scans. Some free programs include Windows Defender, Microsoft Security Essentials, AdwCleaner, MalwareBytes, and ESET Scanner. Don't run multiple programs at once, though, as they can sometimes conflict with each other if you run them simultaneously.
Closed Thread