Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

User Tag List

My computer crashes every day at 3:28 PM

This is a discussion on My computer crashes every day at 3:28 PM within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Help! I have a two year old computer with Microsoft Vista. For about 6-8 months now it has been crashing

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 01:43 PM   #1
Registered Member

Help! I have a two year old computer with Microsoft Vista. For about 6-8 months now it has been crashing every single day at exactly 3:28 pm. I have taken it to techgeeks and they do not know what is causing it - they only installed more antivirus software.

MOST OF THE TIME the computer will restart itself; however about once a week i get the "blue screen of death" and you have to manually choose options and then reboot.

What is going on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2010, 01:55 PM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi and welcome to TSF please follow the instructions here https://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html the info can be attached to your next post and will help a analyst to try to track down the issue

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:08 PM   #3
Registered Member

My System

It sounds like some program is running at that time and thereby causing a system crash...

Try stopping all unnessary startup programs on boot..if you go to Control Panel>Admin Tools>Event Viewer...Select System, or Applications and look for yellow "!" or red "X" warnings on some entries..right-click on any that are close to, or just after your, crash time of 3.28pm..click on 'properties' and see if you can gather any info that way... or..

Download and run CCleaner from here.. https://www.piriform.com/ after installing it run it, once cleaned of any crapola, select the 'registry' box and run that..fix any found issues..you dont need to backup..once done click 'tools' and then 'startup' disable anything that you dont recognise..dont delete - just disable for the moment... and re-boot... if all is good consider deleting those startup entries... there are LOTS of useless, pointless and time-consuming startup entries on most client machines I work with...stuff like adobe, msn etc... Try Spybot S&D in 'advanced mode' for a useful description of most startup entries...and the removal thereof.. Good Luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2010, 02:13 PM   #4
TSF Team Emeritus
Visiting Expert | Microsoft Support Team

OS: Windows 7 SP1 (x64), XP Home (x32), Ubuntu 10.10, Fedora 14

My System

Send a message via MSN to DT Roberts Send a message via Skype™ to DT Roberts

This definitely sounds interesting. Follow Joe's advice and run the BSOD information collection script, as I'd like to see more than just the dumps. I'm sure we'll be able to see what exactly is going on via the event logs.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:49 AM   #5
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi just to make a small point we do not recommend the use of reg cleaners they can cause more issues than they solve

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Closed Thread