Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

User Tag List

Kernal Drivers have crashed but recovered

This is a discussion on Kernal Drivers have crashed but recovered within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi I've been having "Nvidia windows kernal mode driver version XXX.XX" has crashed but recovered errors for the past 3

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 02:55 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi

I've been having "Nvidia windows kernal mode driver version XXX.XX" has crashed but recovered errors for the past 3 weeks. At first this only meant artifacts while watching videos, but later progressed to many BSODs (0x116 errors). I even began getting artifacts in the motherboard BIOS. I rolled the nvidia drivers back to an earlier version, but the problem still persisted.

I thought maybe my video card was busted (XFX Geforce 9800 GT) because I was getting artifacts in the BIOS. So I replaced with a Geforce 9600 GT. This also didn't solve the problem.

Lately I've been getting the driver crashes with very little BSODs, although they still occur occasionally. I'm avoiding graphic intensive activities like playing games, because I'm certain I'll get more BSODs.

Since 2 days ago, windows has been freezing at the starting windows Logo. I have left it there for above 10-15 minutes, and it still remained frozen. If I keep restarting my computer, sometimes I'll get the BSOD, and if i'm lucky, able to start windows.

Throughout all of this, I've always been able to boot up the computer in safe mode. Running Memtest for hours didn't show any errors.

SPECS:
- Original OS installed on computer, retail version.

CPU: AMD Phenom X4 9550 Quad Core 2.20 GHz
Video: Geforce 9600 GT
Motherboard: MSI K9N2 SLI Platinum
PSU: Ultra LSP550 550W (12V rail = 30A)

Computer was custom built, no manufacturer.

I apologize for the extremely long post, and thank you for any assistance in resolving this extremely frustrating problem.
Attached Files
File Type: rar BSOD post.rar (717.9 KB, 26 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2011, 08:31 PM   #2
Registered Member

Bump. Does anyone know how to solve this? I've tried looking online, but nothing helps.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:59 AM   #3
Administrator
Manager, Microsoft Support
Acting Manager, Security
BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Hi -

The files in the zip attachment are all dated 27 May 2009.

Is your system clock off?

Set the clock

There are no memory dump files. Sysinfo shows:
Code:
    Original Install Date:     5/22/2009, 4:15:21 PM
    System Boot Time:          5/27/2009, 11:46:03 AM
The directory created by the script for the output files = 12 Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashom View Post
SPECS:
- Original OS installed on computer, retail version.
Also, files show Vista SP1 installed -
Code:
OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Ultimate
Version 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001
Where are these files from?

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2011, 04:02 PM   #4
Registered Member

I really have no idea :( I tried to follow the BSOD posting instructions...

The clock on the lower right corner is correct. When I hit properties on my computer, it says windows 7 ultimate SP1.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:57 AM   #5
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Make sure the date is set correctly, in addition to the time. Also, check the time in the BIOS to ensure it is correct.

Where did you get your copy of Windows 7? Also, could you post a screenshot of the Computer Properties where it shows Windows 7 is installed?

CompTIA A+ Certified Technician
Closed Thread