Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

User Tag List

Fire Fox and Windows Movie Maker does not open - NVidia Ge Force 560

This is a discussion on Fire Fox and Windows Movie Maker does not open - NVidia Ge Force 560 within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi all, I am trying to rotate some video files. For some reason my cell phone recorded all the videos

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 04:52 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi all,

I am trying to rotate some video files. For some reason my cell phone recorded all the videos 90 degrees counter clockwise even though it was displayed the correct way on the cell phone screen. I know there is an option in Windows Movie maker (which is free) to rotate these videos to the right orientation.

When I try to open Windows Movie maker it states "Move maker has stopped working" and then it closes. I have tried these steps and nothing has worked:

1. Uninstalled, re-downloaded and reinstalled "Windows Essentials" (which has movie make in it) and restarted PC.
2. Attempted to start Movie maker in safe mode (command prompt, type CD \program files\movie maker, and then press ENTER - Type moviemk.exe /safemode, and then press ENTER.
3. Uninstalled and re-installed the latest driver for my video card (GTX 560) and not mess with any settings.
4. Double checked I have all of the most recent Windows updates.

Here are my specs:
OS - Windows 7
Processor - Intel i7 3770k
Video Card - Ge Force GTX 560

The other interesting thing is Firefox will not open regularly either unless I start it in safe mode (hold down the shift key). It will run ok when started in safe mode. FF gives me the error message when not started in safe mode ("Firefox closed unexpectedly while starting. This might be caused by add-ons or other problems....")

Because these two apps don't don't run regularly and because only one runs in safe mode, I have a hunch it has something to do with the video card drivers/settings. Since I recently uninstalled them and reinstalled the most recent drivers from Nvidia's site, I am not sure what the issue is. No setting where changed by me after I uninstalled the drivers and re-installed them like 30 minutes ago.

This problem is not recent and has been going on for years now. I just overlooked it by not using Firefox. Now I need to use Windows Movie maker to re-orient the videos counter clockwise so I can no longer overlook the issue.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread