Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

User Tag List

Endless Windows 8 Reboot Loop

This is a discussion on Endless Windows 8 Reboot Loop within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Dell Studio Xps 8000 Core i7 Windows 8 installed 3 weeks ago, This was the only no issue install I

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 07:52 PM   #1
Registered Member

Dell Studio Xps 8000 Core i7

Windows 8 installed 3 weeks ago, This was the only no issue install I had.

Unit was sleeping and when it awoke frowny face stating a problem occurred
and attempting to repair, Error 0xc000021a

It will restart and repeat endlessly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 08:23 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Are you able to access the system at any time? Or do you always fail to start Windows?

If you can get into Windows, Please follow the https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html to provide the crash reports.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:32 AM   #3
Registered Member

No I can't get into windows just the endless reboot loop
I can boot off the dvd and tried the repair option, no good get the message that it can not repair

I ran seagate tools an d the hard drive checks good

Looks like the only option is reformat and reinstall

Is there a way to do a repair install without data loss?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 09:18 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

You can install with the custom options and then install without formatting. That will create a Windows.old folder, but I would recommend backing up important data prior to doing so in case something goes wrong.

How to restore a Windows 7-based computer to a previous Windows installation by using the Windows.old folder

Those steps will be nearly identical in Windows 8 minus the changes in the interface.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DDS Report. How Long?
Following advise from a forum mod i am following the steps to run the DDS & GMER reports so i can post them with details of my system problems. I have ran the GMER report with no issues but when i ran the DDS yesterday it ran for over 5 hours without producing anything? It was also at this...
cDubya Resolved HJT Threads 44 08-28-2012 06:27 AM
Repost Per: CatByte Trojan:dos/alureon.e and SmartHDD problem
Trojan:dos/alureon.e and SmartHDD problem Hello, I hope I'm at the right area for help. This pc I'm on was infected with Trojan:dos/alureon.e and SmartHDD. I was able to get to the net somehow and I installed and ran Malwarebytes and got rid of SmartHDD. Then I ran Windows Defender and it found...
mg67 Resolved HJT Threads 23 07-30-2012 06:24 AM
Windows XP PC unable to access internet or copy files
Hi - I have a Dell slimline PC running Windows XP that is slowly losing all functionality. I cannot load IE, Chrome has a message ERR 138 (Access Denied). I am unable to copy files from a USB stick and cannot remove certain programs (er McAfee) using the Add / Remove program utility. :facepalm: ...
NDWales Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 54 07-15-2012 03:19 PM
3TB HDD won't format
I recently bought a 3TB 5400RPM hard drive and placed it in an enclosure. I orginially had connected it to my PC via USB 2.0 and formatted the entire drive and everything seemed to be in working order. After that I decided to connect the drive via eSATA because of the speed increase. When...
UhOhOhNo Hard Drive Support 8 09-13-2011 08:22 PM
XP Internet Security 2012 Firewall Alert
Hello. Two days ago I got the virus XP Internet Security 2012 Firewall Alert. It does not let me open any file/folder/browser. When I try to google how to remove it, it redirects me to different websites. Please ...
lilbrat0326 Resolved HJT Threads 15 07-03-2011 06:49 PM