Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

User Tag List

Constant ntoskrnl.exe BSOD problem

This is a discussion on Constant ntoskrnl.exe BSOD problem within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. For the past couple of months, I've been getting BSODs every so often. I have just replaced my RAM stick,

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 01:18 AM   #1
Registered Member

For the past couple of months, I've been getting BSODs every so often. I have just replaced my RAM stick, uninstalled avast and installed Microsoft Security Essentials, my display drivers are up to date (AFAIK), so I have no idea where the problem is coming from. Can someone please help?
Attached Files
File Type: rar Minidump.rar (93.9 KB, 25 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2012, 01:39 AM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Support Visiting Expert
BSOD Kernel Dump Analyst

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Send a message via Skype™ to zigzag3143

Most recent was related to your ATI video driver. I would re-install newest from here. AMD Support & Drivers

In addition I would update your asacpi.sys (yours 2004) the pre 2009 versions are known to cause BSOD's

Asacpi.sys

The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.

Please visit this link: Asus tek computer inc. -support- drivers and download p7p55d le

https://support.asus.com/download.aspx?slanguage=en&m=p7p55d%20le&p=1&s=32&os=29&hashedid=e7zic83pvqsr80lm"] ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUS - Motherboards- ASUS P5K-VM ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P5K-VM

Scroll down to the utilities category, then scroll down to the "atk0110 driver for windowsxp/vista/windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).

Download and install it.

Go to c:\windows\system32\drivers to check and make sure that the asacpi.sys file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (not before).

I would remove sptd.sys (daemon tools)

Please remove any CD visualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%.

They use a driver, found in your dmp, called sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs.

Use this SPTD uninstaller DuplexSecure
- Downloads DuplexSecure-Forum - Powered by vBulletin

when you're done you can use this Freeware:

MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM (MagicDisc) in its place

Using MagicISO to create ISO image files

I would also remove Rapport

Related to RapportCerberus32_34302.sys RapportCerberus from Trusteer Ltd. Known to cause BSOD's

Team ZigZag3143
MS-MVP Consumer Expert 2010-2016
MCC 2013-2016
Wanikiya & Dyami

Old 07-21-2012, 02:15 AM   #3
Registered Member

Excellent, thank you very much for the advice and the very quick response.
Closed Thread