Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

User Tag List

Computer wont boot

This is a discussion on Computer wont boot within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. When i boot up my computer comes up with this error.. what does it mean?

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 11:53 PM   #1
Registered Member

When i boot up my computer comes up with this error..

what does it mean?
Attached Images
File Type: bmp untitled.bmp (1.11 MB, 18 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2011, 01:37 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

The experts here might give you a more detailed answer, but your video card is refusing to boot. In the mean time, make sure the card is seated properly and all the power supply connetions are hooked up.

Is your PC prebuilt or custom built? If prebuilt, post the model number.
If custom, post the full specs including the power supply brand, model and wattage.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:31 AM   #3
Registered Member

Change Ur Hdd Disk Power Cable And Data Cable
Then Also System Wont Boot Na Change Ur Smps
And Chack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2011, 07:09 AM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdulnazeern View Post
Change Ur Hdd Disk Power Cable And Data Cable
It is most likely to be your hdd. The error you are getting is the computer attempting a network boot, and failing, since that's not available. It checks for a bootable device, in the boot order specified in the bios. The hard drive probably isn't being recognized, and with no bootable cd/dvd in that drive, the computer works it's way down the list to network boot. With no bootable devices, that's as far as it goes.
Which means that your hard drive may have failed, or unable to communicate.
The first thing to do is to reseat the power and data connections to the drive, as well as the data connection to the port on the motherboard.
Check in your bios to see if the drive is correctly listed, by make, model, and capacity.
Listen to, and feel the drive as you attempt to start your computer, does the hdd spin up?
Old 03-31-2011, 07:18 AM   #5
TSF Team Emeritus
Visiting Expert | Microsoft Support Team

OS: Windows 7 SP1 (x64), XP Home (x32), Ubuntu 10.10, Fedora 14

My System

Send a message via MSN to DT Roberts Send a message via Skype™ to DT Roberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimx133 View Post
The error you are getting is the computer attempting a network boot, and failing, since that's not available. It checks for a bootable device, in the boot order specified in the bios. The hard drive probably isn't being recognized, and with no bootable cd/dvd in that drive, the computer works it's way down the list to network boot. With no bootable devices, that's as far as it goes.
Which means that your hard drive may have failed, or unable to communicate.
You hit the nail on the head. Your best bet is to test the hard drive and attempt basic repairs with SeaTools for DOS: SeaTools for DOS | Seagate

View the tutorial on the page for step-by-step instructions on using it.

Best of luck.

Devin
Old 03-31-2011, 07:26 AM   #6
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Really? The error had nVidia in it, how does it relate to the HDD? (Not doubting anyone just curious)
Old 03-31-2011, 07:28 AM   #7
TSF Team Emeritus

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markgg88 View Post
Really? I saw the error had nVidia in it so I assumed its a video card error. I need to learn when to keep my mouth shut lol.
NVIDIA doesn't only make graphics cards - they make motherboards as well.

By all means, don't "keep your mouth shut". We're all here to learn

Devin
Old 03-31-2011, 07:31 AM   #8
TSF Enthusiast

My System

I know, I assumed the video card cause it said "media test failure", guess not.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:39 AM   #9
TSF Team Emeritus

My System

Ah. In this sense, media = bootable media= bootable device. It found nowhere that it could boot from, and therefore the boot process was halted. It's very rare (if possible at all) that POST will report a video problem.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:23 AM   #10
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Oh, that sort of media, I see now. Thanks for clarifying that, one more thing to add to my knowledge base.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:41 PM   #11
Registered Member

Thanks guys but no luck

as i initially thought it was the video card i removed it and reinstalled it.. the computer now seems to boot okay but, i have a processor widget on my desktop and it is randomly going crazy even with the computer sitting on idle after boot up, the 4 processors continually randomly take huge loads and the overall processor is supposedly using 50%.. Thus once i try and move my mouse to click on anything the computer locks up..
Old 04-01-2011, 04:27 PM   #12
TSF Enthusiast

My System

I'm still thinking hard drive, I'd try a bootable cd see how that goes. A good idea would be the cd from the hard drives manufacturer, links to which can be found here.
Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.
Just a thought, but does your graphics card overhang the sata ports? I've seen the odd cable hosed from the pressure of a large video card. And if the cable is almost gone, I could see spotty behaviours.
Closed Thread