Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

User Tag List

Computer hangs; black screen randomly.

This is a discussion on Computer hangs; black screen randomly. within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey. I have been having this problem for a week now. My computer randomly "hangs". This is: the screen suddenly

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 04:12 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hey.

I have been having this problem for a week now. My computer randomly "hangs". This is: the screen suddenly goes black (if I was listening to music, playing a game or something, the background sound also stops) and shows a small, purpleish window saying "Modo de Ahorro de Energía" (it's in spanish, so roughly translated it means something along the lines of "Energy Saving Mode").

This happens randomly. Could either occur when I start my computer, in the middle of a game, or 20 hours later after turning it on. Nothing I do can help this. My keyboard does not respond, and neither does the "Reset" button. My only option is to unplug and plug it back in.

I use Windows XP. I've scanned my computer multiple times with multiple, different programs for viruses and malware, and nothing popped up. I believe it might be a piece of hardware that's near death by now.

What do I do?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2012, 06:11 PM   #2
Registered Member

you could reset to factory defaults. If your translation is correct Energy saving mode is your setting changed for system to hibernate so resetting to f/defauly will make a change
Old 06-07-2012, 07:00 PM   #3
Registered Member

You sure? I'm almost certain it is RAM memory starting to fail.

However, I'll try your option but I don't know how to do that. Any help on that please? =D
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to Factory Restore your Computer
How to Factory Restore your Computer This tutorial will guide you on how to do a system restore on your Windows computer. Below make sure you read and follow only the tutorial that matches your computer. If an error occurs during the restore process, stop the process and post in the appropriate...
Masterchiefxx17 Windows XP Support 0 03-24-2012 08:11 PM
Computer screen goes black playin any game
Have a nvida geforce 9600 ... Every time i go into wow my screen goes in to sleep mode and turns black. The weird thing is the computer still stays on and i have to restart my computer for my screen to work... Any suggestion please help ive been trying to fix for months now
Joemartinezz PC Gaming Support 3 11-29-2011 03:57 AM
[SOLVED] My Screen is black but the computer is on
my (emachine t5636) computer screen went black and i tried 2 diff moniters to see if it would work. I can hear all the fans running and i see them running but nothing... I had tried to take out the motherboard and put it in a diff case and i should not have because when i put it back in the...
Manbearpig11 Video Card Support 1 08-29-2011 05:58 PM
Computer screen keeps going black, then I have to restart
Hi, I'm having a bit of trouble with my pc. I understand the basics of computers but I don't have the foggiest when it comes to the technical side of things so I hope one of you can help me! Basically, since December, my computer screen turns black after using CAD for a while- this could...
Rednatalieee Motherboards, Bios & CPU 18 05-10-2011 06:40 AM
computer loads forever at black windows load screen
Hello, my computer gets to the black Windows XP load screen with the loading bar and it just stays there, loading and loading and loading. All the safe modes and last known good config don't work either, they just get stuck loading. I haven't installed any new hardware or software, and there was...
doubt Windows XP Support 4 03-26-2011 10:30 PM