Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

User Tag List

Complete crash, black screen, no bsod

This is a discussion on Complete crash, black screen, no bsod within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Greetings, I have an incredibly frustrating problem I hope I can get help with. The problem I am experiencing is

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 04:44 PM   #1
Registered Member

Greetings, I have an incredibly frustrating problem I hope I can get help with.

The problem I am experiencing is complete crash of my system at random intervals. I lose video, and hard drive lights turn off. I would assume it was acomple shutdown, however, the fans and LED's in the case remain on the power button on the case does not respond and I must manually flip the switch at the back of the power supply to restart. Additionally I was experiencing strange graphical artifacts(vertical lines in windows, strange characters in the POST screen before windows loaded)

I ave ALREADY replaced my power supply and video card as I initially believed those to be the source of the problem. however, after replacement the problem persists albeit with no graphical oddities and less frequent crashes. My guess is the mother board is the source of the problem, but I don't want to replace another part without being sure

ANY hep would be appreciated.

Oh yes, I built my own PC and currentuly have windows 7, cooler master silent pro M 600w PSU, Biostar Ta770 A2+ mobo, ati radeon 2600XT GPU.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Can't use system recovery disks, black screen ?
I have a Gateway NV7802U with Windows 7 64-bit. I was on the computer...everything was fine then out of nowhere firefox crashed and an error screen came up but disappeared before I could even read it. Restarted and the same problem, windows would appear to load but crash and restart. Then, I...
midwestcoast Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 4 06-18-2011 11:36 AM
Windows 7 black screen on startup, have to start in safe mode.
Hi guys, I've got a nasty virus on a laptop that I cna't get rid of (not yet anyway) I have not yet run HijackThis! or GMER, however I have run ComboFix, it found and deleated a file on the D drive called installer.exe. No changes. Here are the symptoms: 1) When booting into normal startup it...
psycopuppy Inactive Malware Help Topics 0 06-14-2011 07:43 AM
Garbled startup screen, windows logs on but screen stays black.
Hello everybody, today my laptop has become blind. Let me explain: My laptop was purchased in 2007 Specs: Alienware m9750 Dual nvidia 7950 go Dual core 2.0 2 gigs of ram 80 gb harddrive
Mmmason11 Windows XP Support 0 04-10-2011 08:46 PM
[SOLVED] Black screen w/ Blinking cursor TRIED EVERYTHING GONNA THROW IT OUT THE WIND
I went to tune up my HP s7510n because it was running super slow and all hell broke loose within the first 5 minutes. From the beginning: Since it has a SATA drive, I took it out of the case and plugged it into my laptop using a SATA-USB adapter. I then ran a chkdsk on it to make sure the...
sco.tch Windows XP Support 5 03-23-2011 09:28 AM
Black Screen...Motherboard problem?
I was using my computer today and it was fine, i left it for 5 minutes and came back to it and the screen was black but the blue light was on on the monitor. I assumed it was just about to go onto the screen saver so didnt think anything of it, i moved the mouse around and then screen came back on...
trueman1991 Motherboards, Bios & CPU 4 02-17-2011 10:10 AM