Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

User Tag List

BSOD when running bluestacks

This is a discussion on BSOD when running bluestacks within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi. My computer enters BSOD ONLY when running bluestacks app player. I searched the internet to fix the problem. I

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 03:39 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi. My computer enters BSOD ONLY when running bluestacks app player. I searched the internet to fix the problem. I searched forums and websites to see how to fix it.
Previously Chief "masterton" in this website asked my question and Dear "Patrick" MVP answered him.
I did what Patrick said but my problem is still unfixed.
Most experts says that , this problem is from CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION , but my blue screen appears a different error.
I cleaned my registry using registry reviver , checked my memories using Memtest+ , it took 45 minutes to check but the app found no problem on my RAMS.
I deleted unused softwares and disabled not important softwares to launch on startup from msconfig.
I enabled driver verifier to check what driver is causing the problem , after the BSOD happened today , I went to Minidump folder but I only see .dmp files and do not see any .log files.
Here is the technical information in BSOD :
bdfwfpf.sys / Address FFFFF88001FB0B88 base at FFFFF88001FAA000 DateStamp 508e7540.
It means that corruption is not the problem.
Info about my computer :
Laptop HP Pavilion DV6
Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
8 GB RAM DDR3 1333 Mhz
CPU Intel Core i7 Quad core sandy bridge
Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD 7470M / Intel HD Graphics Family
Please help me what to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2015, 04:37 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 10 64 bit, Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX 10.11.5

My System

Please click on this link do those things and post in that section of the forum: https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html
Old 03-31-2015, 11:41 AM   #3
Administrator
Manager, Microsoft Support
Acting Manager, Security
BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retina View Post
Here is the technical information in BSOD :
bdfwfpf.sys / Address FFFFF88001FB0B88 base at FFFFF88001FAA000 DateStamp 508e7540.
Bit Defender is named as probable cause of the BSOD.

https://sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=bdfwfpf.sys

Your BitDefender installation is from 2012 -

Timestamp 0x508e7540 = Mon Oct 29 12:23:28 2012

Try updating BitDefender to newest version - https://www.bitdefender.com/support/consumer.html

If BSODs continue. . .

Remove Bit Defender - https://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN146

Reboot upon completion.

Install MSE - https://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...tials-download

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

p.s. I would forego using registry cleaners in the future. They can do more harm than good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2015, 11:58 AM   #4
Registered Member

Thanks for help. My bit defender version is 2015 and originally licensed.
I cannot remove it because I paid money for serial key.
What should I do ?
Old 03-31-2015, 12:05 PM   #5
Administrator
Manager, Microsoft Support
Acting Manager, Security
BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Bit Defender is definitely involved here somehow.

I would remove it, test your system (give it a few days to see if any BSODs occur).

You can always reinstall BitDefender.

This is the only way to know if it is definitely involved or not -- or to what level. The info you posted tells me it is.

I assumed it was a 2012 version due to the 2012 Bit Defender driver.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:30 PM   #6
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

Uninstalling Bit Defender should not be a problem if you have the serial key you purchased. You can reinstall it and reactivate it using that key. If you bought it online then you should still be having the key in your mailbox, unless you deleted it permanently. If you purchased a disc from a physical store, then the key is on the cd pack, unless you discarded it. I am not familiar with Bit Defender commercial products, but there has to be a part of the program that shows your current license status, including the serial key or some other license information. I'm looking into it. Once you have secured the serial key, you can uninstall it as part of the investigation into the cause of the bsod. If it turns out that it's the cause, you may have no option but to get rid of it and replace it with something more compatible, like MSE as suggested.
Closed Thread