Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

User Tag List

BSOD When playing games Bccode 50

This is a discussion on BSOD When playing games Bccode 50 within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi I'm from Sweden and have tried several different forums in Swedish but no one can seem to figure out

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 08:46 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi

I'm from Sweden and have tried several different forums in Swedish but no one can seem to figure out my BSOD's. Therefore I'm now turning to you guys because I've seen alot of people with BSOD problems got solved here, so here we go.

I have had my computer for about over a year now. It has worked absolutely perfect until maybe a month ago. I got my first Blue Screen after playing World of Warcraft for some hours. Installed " BlueScreenView " and it said this:

Bug Check String:
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Code:
0x00000050

Caused By Driver:
atikmpag.sys

etc etc etc

And after that I've received a total of 12 BSOD's with different "Caused by driver" but they all got the same: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and same BcCode. I'm now getting really desperate and really hope you guys can help me out.

This is what I have done so far:

Reinstalled OS and formate the HDD
Reinstalled all drivers
Tried picking out 1 RAM stick at the time
Checked temps
Tried without different peripherals

I even used my warranty and they went through the PC, running several different test such as Memtest86 and all other tests, hehe. They even played World of Warcraft on it and Gta IV for couple of hours trying to get a BSOD. But they didn't get a single BSOD nor a error after 5 days playing on the computer. Brought it back home and got a instant BSOD after playing some GTA.

Different types of "Caused by Driver:"
atikmdag.sys
atikmpag.sys
ntoskrnl.exe
dxgmms1.sys

I ONLY get BSOD while playing GAMES. I can have the computer on for days without getting any BSOD.

I really hope you guys can help me out and perhaps you want a dmp file of my most recent BSOD.

Pc Spec:

Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3
Cooler Master Elite 334 Svart
Corsair 4GB (2x2048MB) XMS2
320GB Samsung Spinpoint F1 T HD322HJ
Corsair VX 450W 80+
PowerColor Radeon HD4870 1GB
Adapter 2x4 pins 12V till 6 pins PCIe
Samsung SH-S223B 22X DVD±RW DL SATA Svart
AMD Phenom2 X3 720 2.8Ghz, AM3
Attached Files
File Type: rar 032311-17830-01.rar (21.0 KB, 36 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2011, 12:20 PM   #2
Registered Member

Update: Just got another BSOD right after making this thread. But this time while watching a Youtube clip?! That never happen before..Weird
Old 03-23-2011, 02:47 PM   #3
Registered Member

I know I'm probably not allowed to bump but I see all other threads getting replies and mine doesn't.

Would really really like to have some help with this before I through the computer out the window..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2011, 07:09 AM   #4
Registered Member

Bump 48 hours
Old 03-25-2011, 08:54 AM   #5
TSF Team Emeritus
Visiting Expert | Microsoft Support Team

OS: Windows 7 SP1 (x64), XP Home (x32), Ubuntu 10.10, Fedora 14

My System

Send a message via MSN to DT Roberts Send a message via Skype™ to DT Roberts

Hello and welcome to TSF.

There definitely appears to be a problem with your video card. All drivers that you listed as Caused by driver are video-related. PowerColor is also not a very reputable manufacturer. Try running the FurMark stress test: furmark.com - fur vault Resources and Information. This website is for sale!

If you crash, we'll blame that. If so, reinstall the graphics drivers from ATI: AMD Graphics Drivers & Software

Follow the instructions here to give us some more insight: https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

Devin
Old 03-25-2011, 10:31 AM   #6
Registered Member

Thanks for the reply!

Like I said before, I used my warranty and return the computer back to the store and they ran all different kinds of stress tests and came up with nothing. But I will most certainly run one myself.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Report.rar (1.09 MB, 39 views)
Old 03-25-2011, 11:46 AM   #7
Registered Member

Alright, used FurMark 1.9.0 for 21 minutes. No problems detected, temps: Max 72 degrees
Old 03-30-2011, 09:34 AM   #8
Registered Member

Still gets BSOD while playing games with the latest graphic drivers and previous ones.

The latest .dmp file got the following:

BcCode: 50 ( as always )
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
ntoskrnl.exe
NT Kernel & System
Attached Files
File Type: rar BSOD Report.rar (1.17 MB, 37 views)
Old 03-31-2011, 09:53 AM   #9
TSF Enthusiast

You should be running Furmark for several hours, not minutes.

In any case, your GPU may just be going. If you reported temperature of around 72C max while running Furmark, and you performed other tests and they came up negative, then we'll blame the card. I agree with DT Roberts: expect a couple RMAs from someone like PowerColor.
Closed Thread