Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

User Tag List

BSOD - usbccgp.sys

This is a discussion on BSOD - usbccgp.sys within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, First time poster... I'm encountering a BSOD that is referencing the driver, usbccgp.sys. This is the Microsoft USB Generic

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 08:19 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello,

First time poster... I'm encountering a BSOD that is referencing the driver, usbccgp.sys. This is the Microsoft USB Generic Parent Driver. Note that this is occurring while booting from an Ease-US boot disk, and not at any other time. I'd read another thread on this forum hoping to be able to root out the specific cause of the error myself, but was unable to get very far. I was unable to figure out how to "run an !irp on the blocked IRP". In any case, any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Attached are the requested files per the instructions found linked in that same thread. And below you'll find further information.

TYVM,

James D Markham
Code:

OS - Vista/ Windows 7 ?
Windows 7 

x86 (32-bit) or x64 ?
x64

What was original installed OS on system?
Windows 7 x64

Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)?
OEM

Age of system (hardware)

Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS?

CPU
AMD Phenom II X6 1065T 2.90 GHz

Video Card
ATI Radeon HD 5570

MotherBoard
H-RS880-uATX (Aloe)

Power Supply - brand & wattage
Unknown brand - 300W

System Manufacturer 
HP

Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom)
HPE-519C

Laptop or Desktop?
Desktop
Attached Files
File Type: zip Windows7_Vista_jcgriff2.zip (1.33 MB, 48 views)
File Type: zip perfmon_report.zip (140.5 KB, 42 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2014, 07:16 AM   #2
Administrator
Manager, Microsoft Support
Acting Manager, Security
BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Hi James -

There were no dump files in the attached zip file.

Please run through this checklist - https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...od-816378.html

Since a Microsoft Windows driver was named in the BSOD you referenced, run Driver Verifier -

https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ed-473665.html

Let it run for 24 hours minimum or until BSOD.

If BSOD, check c:\windows\minidump for a dump file.

If one is there, please re-run the jcgriff2 app, steps 1-4 -

https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

Lastly, to run !irp on a 0x9f (0x3,,,) dump - you need the memory address from P4 in the bugcheck parms, e.g., - 0x0 (P1, P2, P3, P4)

On the kd> line in Windbg, enter: !irp P4 - be sure to include the entire memory address, including leading fs (x64 only).

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

p.s. If you can't determine the bugcheck, issue .bugcheck command in kd>
Closed Thread