Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

User Tag List

BSOD then restart after windows logo - cant use safe mode either

This is a discussion on BSOD then restart after windows logo - cant use safe mode either within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I recently repurchased a computer off my brother who I sold to a while ago. I have the HDD

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 11:02 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,

I recently repurchased a computer off my brother who I sold to a while ago. I have the HDD from back then and simply swapped his HDD for mine. However, the computer simply loads up to the windows logo and then BSOD, and I can't pause the screen or get a good look at the error. Even in safe mode the same thing happens. I've repairing my PC with the windows 7 CD and sfc check using CMD but nothing works.

The only thing I can think of is the video card was upgraded and the drivers are messing up. However i have no idea how to install them as when i download them, they are in .exe format and you cant install drivers that are in exe format. When i plug my brothers HDD in it loads perfectly.

if anyone could please shine some light on this issue itd be much appreciated. thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2015, 11:34 PM   #2
Administrator
Manager, Microsoft Support
Acting Manager, Security
BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP

I would suggest reinstalling Windows onto the [new] HDD.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows Update acting weird!
I don't think this is a problem, more of a curiosity, hence posting here. If it turns out that it is a problem, I'll get someone to move it to the appropriate forum. Got a notification earlier that new updates are available. As you will see from the pics, "4 important updates available" but only...
Deejay100six Offline 13 04-09-2014 08:19 AM
url:mal virus
I am in need of expert assistance in removal the nemesis virus "url:mal" . I've also seen pop up from Avast blocking "url:mal2". I tried running gmr and something prevents it from completion, so I'm not sure if it will give you the data you need:sad: Thanks in advance.:bang head: Dell...
Larry Crooms Resolved HJT Threads 35 01-14-2014 04:16 AM
Help!
Im unable to complete the gmer scan. It wont allow me to copy the results of the scan to submit to you guys. What do I do now?
REDLEG Resolved HJT Threads 49 12-15-2013 02:15 PM
Happili Virus Redirect
Hello: I've been hit with the Happili virus where it redirects me when I conduct a google search. Attached is the GMER and TDSS files. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you. -ttvr4
ttvr4 Resolved HJT Threads 14 05-15-2012 11:47 AM
happili.com virus
Hi, I wrote yesterday that believe i have the happili.com virus and cannot remove it. I was told to follow the pre-post instructions. However, I could not run dds.scr. It would open ans tell me to wait. It said the scan should not last more than 3 minutes. But it never ended and I could not close...
sharkfan12 Resolved HJT Threads 23 04-17-2012 12:38 PM