Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

User Tag List

BSOD then I can't boot computer for 20+ minutes

This is a discussion on BSOD then I can't boot computer for 20+ minutes within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Recently I've been getting tons of BSOD's and after I get them my computer won't restart, and when I try

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 11:22 AM   #1
Registered Member

Recently I've been getting tons of BSOD's and after I get them my computer won't restart, and when I try to boot it my power light comes on, but no beeps or checks happen and it doesn't boot. After unplugging everything it sometimes boots again, but not every time.

· OS - Windows 7
·
x64
· What was original installed OS on system? Windows
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? Yes
·
Age of system (hardware) 1 year
· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? No
· CPU AMD Anthlon II X3 425
·
Video Card NVIDIA GeForce 9200
·
MotherBoard ?
· Power Supply - brand & wattage ?
Attached Files
File Type: rar techsupport.rar (1.57 MB, 13 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2011, 04:59 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Hello,

Let's start by addressing this error:
Code:
Event[3306]:
  Log Name: System
  Source: Disk
  Date: 2011-08-31T11:25:05.911
  Event ID: 11
  Task: N/A
  Level: Error
  Opcode: N/A
  Keyword: Classic
  User: N/A
  User Name: N/A
  Computer: Gary
  Description: 
The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk3\DR3.
Are you using an external hard drive or USB drive with any regularity? You might try running SeaTools on it: SeaTools for Windows | Seagate

Check the system temeratures with Speedfan: SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer

While watching Speedfan (to make sure it doesn't overheat), Prime95: CPU - Stress Test with Prime95 - Windows 7 Forums

CompTIA A+ Certified Technician
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BSOD XPSP3 on HP Laptop
================================================== Dump File : Mini052411-01.dmp Crash Time : 5/24/2011 06:43:43 AM Bug Check String : CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION Bug Check Code : 0x000000f4 Parameter 1 : 0x00000003 Parameter 2 : 0x88738938 Parameter 3 : 0x88738aac Parameter 4 : 0x805d29b4...
mkrao Windows XP Support 2 06-08-2011 12:07 AM
cant boot (bsod) after a failed sp3 install
Hi--I'm posting about my girlfriends laptop that I have been trying to fix. The current status is that I ran a repair install and now the computer BSoD's 100% of the time whenever I try to boot in normal mode (and the setup has not finishing the repair, so when I try to use safe mode it tells me...
Barry1234 Windows XP Support 1 04-27-2011 08:55 PM
Whole computer freezing without BSOD
I have noticed this issue randomly on this computer every so often, and when i initially had the computer it occurred very frequently (every time the computer was turned on after a length of time), but after removing a raid0 thing where both of my hard drives were combined to one larger drive, and...
Benfield Motherboards, Bios & CPU 19 04-06-2011 06:17 AM
computer won't boot up
My computer is unable to boot into Windows 7. The last thing I did was transferring some files from my desktop to my external usb hard drive and then I restarted my computer while my usb drive was still connected and powered on. Computer now takes a lot longer than normal to complete the POST...
JHT Motherboards, Bios & CPU 6 03-03-2011 08:46 AM
Power Supply Information and Selection
:smile: CHOOSING AND UNDERSTANDING A POWER SUPPLY UNIT The power supply unit in today’s modern computer assumes a role probably more critical than any other single component in your system even when compared to the CPU and motherboard. Therefore, there are multiple factors that must...
Tumbleweed36 RAM and Power Supply Support 0 07-09-2006 03:41 PM