Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

User Tag List

BSOD Sometimes Screen Freeze while playing games.

This is a discussion on BSOD Sometimes Screen Freeze while playing games. within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, So I began having issues with my PC freezing up or giving me the BSOD while playing games. Half

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 07:40 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello,

So I began having issues with my PC freezing up or giving me the BSOD while playing games. Half of the time my picture will distort and freeze. When this happens the whole computer is unresponsive then ends up requiring a reset. The other half I will receive the BSOD.

When this began I used HWMonitor to try and narrow down the issue and notice my CPU temp would spike up to 90c during heavy load. So I cleaned my case out, put new thermal paste on and brought a new heatsink. This got my temp down a lot to about 65c during gaming and 40c while idle. Although I made this change I still had random freezes and BSOD.

I also ran Memtest86 to make sure my memory was ok and everything came back clear. Last but not least I upgraded the firmware on my SSD.

Unfortunately I'm still not having any luck. I don't have an extra GPU or PSU to narrow it down anymore but would hoping maybe you guys might see something that could be at fault before I buy any replacement parts.

So far that where I'm currently at.

Thanks guys.

OS - Windows 7 Home Premium x64 (Original OS)
Not OEM Verison
Hardware is about 3 years old. GPU is 1 year old.
Current OS is approximately 1 years old.
Have you re-installed the OS? Not yet

Intel i5 2500k 3.3ghz
Sapphire Radeon HD 7950
ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
Power Supply - XFX TS550 550 Watt

Desktop PC
Attached Files
File Type: zip Perfmon.zip (126.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: zip SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip (1.75 MB, 15 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2015, 09:17 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Please update the following driver:

Code:
3: kd> lmvm xusb21
start             end                 module name
fffff880`06655000 fffff880`06665d80   xusb21   T (no symbols)           
    Loaded symbol image file: xusb21.sys
    Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\xusb21.sys
    Image name: xusb21.sys
    Timestamp:        Wed Apr 08 15:28:44 2009 (49DCB49C)
    CheckSum:         000135AC
    ImageSize:        00010D80
    Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
The driver belongs to Xbox USB Wireless Controller, it is known to cause BSOD issues.
Old 07-24-2015, 01:50 PM   #3
Registered Member

Wow that is really weird. This whole time I was thinking my GPU was dying, but I went ahead and updated the xbox controller driver and so far its running stable. So far I think this is fixed, thanks a lot xBluerobot!
Closed Thread