Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

User Tag List

BSOD,randomly restarts, refuses to restart.. and freezes.

This is a discussion on BSOD,randomly restarts, refuses to restart.. and freezes. within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello!! My problems started about 1-2months ago. I started to get BSOD like page_faulth_in_nonpaged_area or Bad_pool_header Then it started to

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 11:03 AM   #1
Registered Member

Evil

Hello!!
My problems started about 1-2months ago.
I started to get BSOD like
page_faulth_in_nonpaged_area or Bad_pool_header

Then it started to randomly shut down almoust like it went to sleep mode the fans were on and so was the motherboard lamp, but the screen was of and keyboard wasnt reakting to "caps lock" or "Num lock".

And when i restarted my computer it would not boot up, it would be in the same state as it crashed or it would turn on and then freeze when windows pops up or earlier.

Now im getting Multi colour BSOD, and then it just go in to sleep mode state as i told before.

so what i have tried to fix this is i have reinstalled Windows 7
As i suspected my graphic card i bought a new one, but still got the same problems. I changed Ram memories with the same i had before but new ones.

when this problem occured i did not Fix or do anything with my hard drives.
i tried diskkontrol with the repair, did not help.

I got a Windows 7,
Mothercard is an Asus.
Graphic card is an XFX radeon hd 6870 double fan
I have updated all drivers i know about
I use CCC with default setings and my temp are usaly 30-40C
My computer is mainly For gaming..

I really need some help with what kind of hardware or what is wrong with my computer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2012, 05:09 PM   #2
TSF - Enthusiast

My System

Hello,

Can you take a look at the below link and attach the requested reports.

https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html
Old 07-24-2012, 06:16 AM   #3
Registered Member

I have Windows 7 home premium
64 bit
Windows 7 Home premium was originaly installed on my PC
My OS is Full retail
Age of system is about 1-2 years
I have reinstalled Windows 2 days ago
CPU is an AMD Phenom II x4 965 3,4 ghz black edition
Video Card is an XFX radeon HD 6870.
Motherboard is anAsus M4A79XTD EVO
Power Supply axp 750 watt model nummer:750p14a

my Pc wont even start right now without crashing but if I manage I will send the rest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2012, 03:25 PM   #4
TSF - Enthusiast

My System

Can you access the BIOS (System Setup Menu) and if so does the PC continue to freeze/hang

If able to get into the BIOS post the temp and voltage readings and any fluctuation.

How much memory is installed? Try removing all but one module and attempt to boot the PC to see if stable (swapping between attempts)

Is it possible that you can try another graphics card in the PC for testing purposes.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:09 AM   #5
Registered Member

Right now my computer is running fine.. only my avc Cpu fan is much louder than before.

When it was crashing like 1 day ago, then it even did freeze in BIOS and in safe mode.

So here is the Perfmon and Windows7_Vista_jcgriff2 and a photo with the temps and voltage, i think this is the right one. All files are in the ziped one.

And i wrote wrong before my CPU is an AMD phenom II x4 970, 3,50GHz.

And i got 4GB Ram memory installed and they are Corsair xms3 DDR3 and they are 2x2 working together, and i have tried with one of those and switched, got same result as now and it's working with the one or the other, as i mentioned above i bought new ones. same with the graphic card, i reinstalled windows 7 and bought a new graphic card as i tough my old was at foulth, so my old video card was an xfx radeon hd5830
Attached Files
File Type: zip Windows7_Vista_jcgriff2.zip (3.33 MB, 29 views)
Old 08-04-2012, 06:32 AM   #6
Registered Member

Now it's has started all again.. second day. I got a minidumb file and i dont really know what to do else since no one responded.
Attached Files
File Type: rar 080412-15397-01.rar (12.9 KB, 18 views)
Old 08-04-2012, 06:54 AM   #7
TSF Team, Emeritus

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Hello,

I've taken a look at your attached dump and it's a 19: BAD_POOL_HEADER bugcheck, very likely a driver culprit. We'll most likely need to enable Driver Verifier to catch said driver if any, so I'd recommend following the steps below -

Driver Verifier:
Quote:
What is Driver Verifier?

Driver Verifier is included in Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003 to promote stability and reliability; you can use this tool to troubleshoot driver issues. Windows kernel-mode components can cause system corruption or system failures as a result of an improperly written driver, such as an earlier version of a Windows Driver Model (WDM) driver.

Essentially, if there's a 3rd party driver believed to be at issue, enabling Driver Verifier will help flush out the rogue driver by flagging it and causing your system to BSOD.

Before enabling Driver Verifier, it is recommended to create a System Restore Point:

Vista - START | type rstrui - create a restore point

Windows 7 - START | type create | select "Create a Restore Point"

How to enable Driver Verifier:

Start > type "verifier" without the quotes > Select the following options -

1. Select - "Create custom settings (for code developers)"

2. Select - "Select individual settings from a full list"

3. Check the following boxes -

- Special Pool

- Pool Tracking

- Force IRQL Checking

- Deadlock Detection

- Security Checks (Windows 7)

- Concurrentcy Stress Test (Windows 8)

- DDI compliance checking (Windows 8)

- Miscellaneous Checks

4. Select - "Select driver names from a list"

5. Click on the "Provider" tab. This will sort all of the drivers by the provider.

6. Check EVERY box that is NOT provided by Microsoft / Microsoft Corporation.

7. Click on Finish.

8. Restart.

Important information regarding Driver Verifier:

- If Driver Verifier finds a violation, the system will BSOD.

- After enabling Driver Verifier and restarting the system, depending on the culprit, if for
example the driver is on start-up, you may not be able to get back into normal Windows
because Driver Verifier will flag it, and as stated above, that will cause / force a BSOD.

If this happens, do not panic, do the following:

- Boot into Safe Mode by repeatedly tapping the F8 key during boot-up.

- Once in Safe Mode - Start > type "system restore" without the quotes.

- Choose the restore point you created earlier.

If you did not set up a restore point, do not worry, you can still disable Driver Verifier to get
back into normal Windows:

- Start > Search > type "cmd" without the quotes.

- To turn off Driver Verifier, type in cmd "verifier /reset" without the quotes.

- Restart and boot into normal Windows.

How long should I keep Driver Verifier enabled for?

It varies, many experts and analysts have different recommendations. Personally, I recommend
keeping it enabled for at least 36-48 hours. If you don't BSOD by then, disable Driver Verifier.

My system BSOD'd, where can I find the crash dumps?

They will be located in C:\Windows\Minidump

Any other questions can most likely be answered by this article:

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/244617

Regards,

Patrick
Old 08-04-2012, 09:32 AM   #8
Registered Member

Alright so i did exacly as you said, My computer restarted normaly with out Bsod right now, and how do i know if the Driver Verifier is running on my computer nothing came up or so at the restart. I tried the command on CMD verifier /query, but the cmd i commanded disapear in 5 seconds.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:15 AM   #9
TSF Team, Emeritus

Hi,

If you followed the instructions correctly, Driver Verifier is enabled and there should be no issues. Nothing is supposed to pop up after enabling it and restarting. If you do not blue screen within ~48 hours of enabling DV, disable it.

Regards,

Patrick
Old 08-06-2012, 10:40 AM   #10
Registered Member

Alright, so i turned it of some hours ago as i did not get any BSOD, but my computer did restart it self, and the screen did get blurry and froze when i had verifier activated.

some hours ago when i had turned of the verifier i did get one BSOD but it did not show up at minidump folder. my main problem is the freezing and that the computer restarts it self as i have said above. my temps are usally 35-50c while playing. so i dont think any overheating is at problem here, and i dont have any viruses as i have scanned the computer several times. I have done proboly all of these memory tests and driver, it gives positive answers.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:05 PM   #11
TSF Team, Emeritus

Hi,

You mentioned you ran memory tests, have you run Memtest86+ for at least 7-8 passes (at least 8 hours)?

Regards,

Patrick
Old 08-18-2012, 08:38 AM   #12
Registered Member

yes, i have done memtest86+ dident get any errors from any of the ram memory, this is happening randomly, yesterday it worked fine until i was about to turn my computer off and then it crashed with that typical sound Drrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, and today i have been trying to get my computer to work, it freezes about 5 mins after starting my computer.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:35 PM   #13
TSF Team, Emeritus

A "multi-colored BSOD" sounds like a video card / PSU related issue. Let's try running Furmark. What you want to look for is any crashes during the test, artifacting, etc.

Furmark:
Quote:

FurMark Video Stress Test - free from here: https://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/

FurMark Setup:

- If you have more than one GPU, select Multi-GPU during setup

- In the Run mode box, select "Stability Test" and "Log GPU Temperature"

Click "Go" to start the test (Looks like it's "BURN-IN test" now)

- Run the test until the GPU temperature maxes out - or until you start having problems
(whichever comes first).

- Click "Quit" to exit

Regards,

Patrick
Old 08-19-2012, 10:39 AM   #14
Registered Member

I got a pic from the test uploaded down, I hope I did do it right, The values from what the pic is showing will continue for 15 mins ,the temp and so on arent changing for about 15 mins, and nothing unusual like crash or something like that happend.

I downloaded the newest version put it dident want to work when I chosed Log GPU Temperature, so I DL 1.9.2 version.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FurMark v1.9.2 test.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	114714  
Old 08-19-2012, 04:45 PM   #15
TSF Team, Emeritus

Hi,

I noticed you said you also changed out video cards, so that eliminates the video card as the issue. It could be the PSU not supplying enough power to your video card. At any point in your troubleshooting, did you try a clean install of Windows to ensure this wasn't a driver issue?

Another thing if you haven't already, be sure your video card drivers are at the latest version. If they are, uninstall and install a previous version that you remember working fine before the issues started... just for troubleshooting purposes.

And finally, nothing in this system is overclocked, correct?

Regards,

Patrick
Old 08-22-2012, 11:10 AM   #16
Registered Member

I Think i Found the couse. I made a system restore, just one day back and I noticed that my CCC did not Auto start itself and it wouldent start how many times i klicked, and every time I started my computer this Cmd program " accelerated video transcording" started up and then disapeared. So i noticed after the restore that CCC and this Video transcording did not auto start, and now my computer isnt freezing or anything for a whole day with out CCC. But the next day it came back up, so is it possible to remove CCC and the video transcording that is an AMD produkt? if so how?, because i tried to remove CCC and all it's files. but after a restart the Video transcording came up with an error and then a bluescreen, and now i jumped back to system restore. I have tried Drive Sweeper but it wont delete anything from Amd.

Old 08-22-2012, 05:24 PM   #17
TSF Team, Emeritus

Hi,

At this point, given you've tried Driver Sweeper and such, and you've narrowed it down to a CCC issue... we likely have some registry problems here, and some software troubles. If it's possible, I'd at this point recommend backing up anything relevant or important, and performing a clean install of Windows.

If NOT, your option would be to do an AMD display driver install ONLY, excluding CCC.

Regards,

Patrick
Closed Thread