Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

User Tag List

BSOD on New Skylake Win 10 Pro Build & "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" / "ntoskrnl.exe"

This is a discussion on BSOD on New Skylake Win 10 Pro Build & "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" / "ntoskrnl.exe" within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi Everyone, Hoping I can get some insight from you all on this issue. [*Partlist*]( Intel Core i7-6700K, EVGA GeForce

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 10:20 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi Everyone,

Hoping I can get some insight from you all on this issue.
[*Partlist*](Intel Core i7-6700K, EVGA GeForce GTX 770, Corsair Air 240 - System Build - PCPartPicker)

I have a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro on brand new hardware (literally assembled yesterday). I keep getting either a BSOD (Diablo III gives me a BSOD, so does staying remote desktop-ed into my local server) or Chrome browser crashes. Every single BSOD is the same error stated in the title: "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" / "ntoskrnl.exe". As I was typing this post I got one (BSOD) for "Memory Management" - guessing a memory leak or something?

I have already compiled/completed (both attached and linked):
* [PERFMON] (which seems to be abysmal considering my hardware) (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...N%20Report.rar)
* [Sysnative](https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...lectionApp.zip)
* [MemTest] (0 errors both on stock and OC ram - Mobo wants to recognize my ddr43000 as 2133, so I tested both at 2133 and with XMP enabled at 3000 (with adjusted voltage, etc.). Still, after 7 hours, zero mem issues.) (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../MemTest86.log)
* BlueScreenView [*Logs*](https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...19/report.html)

* Anything else you think you might need as I grab data?

Thoughts So Far:

* Right now I think I have eliminated the bad memory possibility with the memtest results, but not sure that's 100%? 7 hours running and zero errors gives me some confidence there. I also double checked my Mobo user guide for the Memory compatibility.
* I don't think it's a Mobo issue?
* My last guess is a software/driver issue? I updated all my drivers from the Asus Maximus VIII Gene site for chipset, etc. When I check Device Manager, nothing shows a missing or outdated driver. I used NVIDIA Geforce Experience to update my GPU drivers. Everything appears to be current.

Thanks for looking into this, everyone. I greatly appreciate any insight here.
Attached Files
File Type: rar PERFMON Report.rar (95.7 KB, 23 views)
File Type: zip SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip (638.5 KB, 423 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2015, 10:36 AM   #2
Registered Member

* [Driver Verifier Results](https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...20verifier.txt)
Old 09-11-2015, 01:42 PM   #3
Registered Member

**Update:** Decided to try some light overclocking this morning since stock was running well all yesterday. I may have gone a little overboard with my endeavor, as my CPU is sitting at 4.6GHz idle and hits 4.8 under load, mem back @3000 variable (Star Citizen, Tomb Raider on max settings, Evolve on max settings, Diablo all tested this morning).

Now here is the really crazy part...it's stable. Completely stable. And much faster than before. Reran 3D Mark tests and scores shot me up where I should've been when comparing to other with similar hardware (CPU, mem, mobo, GPU). There are still some bastards out there with 2GB versions of my card beating my FPS scores, which I'm okay with for now since I'm not watercooling the GPU yet.

**Moral of the Story:** I have NO idea - after all those tests - *** was wrong. Resetting bios settings to generic optimized held me stable long enough the tamper with overclocking again and here we are today...

**Lessons Learned:** I have no idea. If it's broke, [fix it?](
)
Closed Thread