Hoping I can get some insight from you all on this issue.
[*Partlist*](Intel Core i7-6700K, EVGA GeForce GTX 770, Corsair Air 240 - System Build - PCPartPicker
I have a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro on brand new hardware (literally assembled yesterday). I keep getting either a BSOD (Diablo III gives me a BSOD, so does staying remote desktop-ed into my local server) or Chrome browser crashes. Every single BSOD is the same error stated in the title: "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" / "ntoskrnl.exe". As I was typing this post I got one (BSOD) for "Memory Management" - guessing a memory leak or something?
I have already compiled/completed (both attached and linked):
* [PERFMON] (which seems to be abysmal considering my hardware) (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...N%20Report.rar
* [MemTest] (0 errors both on stock and OC ram - Mobo wants to recognize my ddr43000 as 2133, so I tested both at 2133 and with XMP enabled at 3000 (with adjusted voltage, etc.). Still, after 7 hours, zero mem issues.) (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../MemTest86.log
* BlueScreenView [*Logs*](https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...19/report.html
* Anything else you think you might need as I grab data?
Thoughts So Far:
* Right now I think I have eliminated the bad memory possibility with the memtest results, but not sure that's 100%? 7 hours running and zero errors gives me some confidence there. I also double checked my Mobo user guide for the Memory compatibility.
* I don't think it's a Mobo issue?
* My last guess is a software/driver issue? I updated all my drivers from the Asus Maximus VIII Gene site for chipset, etc. When I check Device Manager, nothing shows a missing or outdated driver. I used NVIDIA Geforce Experience to update my GPU drivers. Everything appears to be current.
Thanks for looking into this, everyone. I greatly appreciate any insight here.