Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

User Tag List

BSOD, ntoskrnl.exe, Self Built Machine Issues

This is a discussion on BSOD, ntoskrnl.exe, Self Built Machine Issues within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Basically my machine has been randomly popping BSODs in my face for about a week now. It seems to be

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 01:01 AM   #1

Mistake

Basically my machine has been randomly popping BSODs in my face for about a week now. It seems to be networking related (it always seems to pop up when i'm transferring large files over the college network to friends)

I looked into it a little further, and while i have no idea how to get the long error code out of it (i walked away while the file transfer was in progress) even with my limited knowledge of the matter, i managed to find the minidump file from my last encounter with that frustrating color with the help of google. I also found a 64 bit version of debugging tools and opened the dump file with it, the bottom of wich says

"Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe ( nt+55350 )"
I'll attach both a text with what debugging tools spat and the minidump (Unfortunately i ran CCleaner before i knew that it ate dump files when it cleans so i only have the most recent dump)

I've heard a bit of talk about this being a sp1 error, but i figured i would ask some people with a little more knowledge on this subject before i acted.

Anyways, system specs:
Ram: 8g of ddr2 Corsair Dominator (Fully Memtest86+ Tested)
Processor: Intel Quad core 2.4
Motherboard: ASUS P5Q Pro
Graphics: HIS 1g ATI 4860
Both of my hard drives are old generic ones, i didn't upgrade them from my old machine; both i have run check disk on for bad sectors
I have a Rosewill 750W PSU

I bought the bits and peices about a month and a half ago, put them together and ran all my stress tests and hardware checks then, the system ran like a dream until about a week ago when i was transfering about 20g of stuff over the school network.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Minidump+Tools Text.zip (21.7 KB, 16 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2008, 02:23 PM   #2

hate to do it, but bump... Anyone have any idea at all?
Old 12-19-2008, 07:29 PM   #3

I'd update your NIC driver(s).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2009, 06:30 PM   #4

This is exactly my problem. Also I noticed that it occurs when I'm uploading large files. I get a blue screen and, in the .dmp file, it says this:

Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe ( nt+55350 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

Again: I feel bad for bumping a very old thread, but I need help :S
Old 03-10-2009, 03:31 AM   #5
Registered Member

have you updated to vista sp1? it does make a HUGE difference in regards to bsods etc
Old 03-10-2009, 10:36 PM   #6

Yes, I have SP1.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:15 AM   #7

I don't know what i did, but for some reason it seems that the problem resolved itself... I want to say it was updating windows for some reason. I had SP1 when the problem was going on, but i did download a huge amount of 64 bit updates and i'm going to go out on a limb and say that one of them prolly fixed it.
Closed Thread