Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

User Tag List

BSOD happens on 1st Cold boot only?

This is a discussion on BSOD happens on 1st Cold boot only? within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I am working on a customer's system that will bluescreen at the "Windows starting" screen and will restart itself and

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 10:20 AM   #1
Registered Member

I am working on a customer's system that will bluescreen at the "Windows starting" screen and will restart itself and loop. When I turn off the system and power on again, I am able to boot into windows with no problem. I can power the system on and reboot with no problem. I will come in the next day and power on the system and the bluescreen will happen again. This time rather than turning the system off, i hit the reset button and nothing changes. Just a continuous loop. It will be fine when i turn the system off for a minute and power on and boots into Windows. I've had this system for over a week and this is almost driving me nuts. Any help with this would be really appreciated! Thanks

OS - Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

This is the original OS
full retail
Approximate age of system (hardware) - 2 years 9 months old
Approximate age of OS installation 1 year and 6 months
Have you re-installed the OS? No

CPU - Intel i7-950
Video Card - MSI N520GT
MotherBoard - MSI Big Bang XPower
Power Supply - brand & wattage - Sparkle Power 600W

System Manufacturer - Custom built
Exact model number

Desktop machine
Attached Files
File Type: zip SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip (2.98 MB, 129 views)
File Type: zip Perfmon Report.zip (135.1 KB, 95 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD - Can't boot up
Hello, I'm trying to help a friend out with her computer, which hasn't been able to start up today, and occasionally gets hit with a BSOD while trying to start up. The BSOD says "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE", and "STOP: 0x0000009F". A picture of the full screen is attached. When trying to boot...
niko381 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 0 11-03-2014 05:29 PM
Windows won't boot BSOD
Hi, I was hoping someone might have some ideas on a problem I'm having with a friends laptop. I know a bit about computers so he asked me to have a look. All he could tell me was that it wouldn't start up. Appartently it has been like it for ages, but he doesn't use it much. At first it...
Chrisallen2412 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 10 03-04-2012 01:18 PM
Cold Boot BSOD
Been dealing with this ever since I built this PC...Cannot seem to find out what is causing it. First here is what I have experienced thus far. First (this problem has been absolutely persistent. If the machine has been shut off for a few hours (cold boot) I will get a BSOD immediately after...
silecchiad BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 10 07-12-2011 06:57 AM
Abit AA8XE - 3rd Eye - Intermittent Cold Boot - Post Code 9.0
Hi, Hope that somebody can assist me with this frustrating issue which continues to perplex my limited computer system knowledge :xolconfus To offer brief background this system was my primary PC until Jan 2010 prior to replacement with a custom built i7 system. Prior to this new setup I was...
pcpilot Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 14 01-26-2011 02:44 AM
Multiple Cold Boot Blue Screens
Hi, I have been trying to fix this problem since I made a completely new build only a few months ago. I'm tearing my hair out. I am getting a series of blue screen crashes just before and after I enter windows on a cold boot. This only occurs when the system has been powered off for an hour or...
Pete5 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 9 01-22-2011 07:06 PM