Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

User Tag List

BSoD, games crashing, noise through audio

This is a discussion on BSoD, games crashing, noise through audio within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Greetings, For a while now there has been issues while gaming. First, I start to hear clicking/feedback through my headphones.

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 05:47 PM   #1
Registered Member

Greetings,

For a while now there has been issues while gaming. First, I start to hear clicking/feedback through my headphones. Soon after the frame rate slows way down and the game crashes, though not to desktop--to a black screen with the audio still playing. I always need to use the alt/tab to get out and close game by the game icon on the start bar. Very recently bsod's have started to appear. I can see a memory dump(I think--it's at the bottom) happening and an error message but the computer restarts too fast for me to see or write down what it says. Computer always restarted fine. Sometimes games would be ok for a while but recently not at all.

I downloaded the files asked for for posting and ran the win7/vista one but the program for the second file wanted errored out while generating the report. Before posting I thought I would run the driver verification check to post that too but it created a bsod. Following instructions for recovery I did make a sys restore point but can't now get at it. Hitting f8during boot up brings me to a choice of HD boot or cd rom boot. Using HD boot brings me to a startup repair interface where it does ask about restoring to previous point but as of the last 20 minutes it's still attempting repairs.

My comp specs:
Win7 home premium
P6t se asus motherboard
3 or 4 gigs of ram
WD 1 Terabyte hd(I think)
Nvidia 200(something)gte graphics
Built by ibuypower in '09

Ahh finished restore. Will post this then edit with files requested as this is written on my iPad .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2013, 06:18 PM   #2
Registered Member

I ran out of time trying to edit so here are two attatchments.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 060913-27175-01.zip (14.7 KB, 23 views)
File Type: zip Windows7_Vista_jcgriff2.zip (2.50 MB, 25 views)
Old 06-09-2013, 06:26 PM   #3
Registered Member

More info:
Win7 64 bit home premium
Nvidia gforce gtx 260
intel core I7 920 @ 2.67 ghz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2013, 11:38 PM   #4
Registered Member

Hi, just bumping to get an initial response. Also a bit more about noise: it sounds a lot like static and comes through my speakers as well.
Closed Thread