Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

User Tag List

BSOD errors after getting a new DVI monitor.

This is a discussion on BSOD errors after getting a new DVI monitor. within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I would really like to get this problem solved. I get random Blue screens, just completely random, I dont

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 12:08 PM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Kristoffer

Hello, I would really like to get this problem solved.

I get random Blue screens, just completely random, I dont get errors at start up.
I usually get errors when I am doing stuff, from music to games.
I know the problem is withhardware and such, I've had this computer for many years, ofcourse It's not the same on the inside or outside anymore, I bought entirely new computer parts this summer, I have a pretty over average budget spent on it.

Anyways, I KNOW the problem is with hardware, the Blue screen error is (0x000001A), which I've found out relates to hardware problems.

I have not installed any new components in my computer since I bought my new parts.

Except one thing I have not thought about, my monitor, since I've got a dual-screen setup, and one of the screens broke, and I needed a replacement anyways.

Now, I have re-installed Windows to try and fix the problem, nope, the problem still persists, haunting me.

The old screen used VGA, which was not the best, but it was ok, I had NO problem untill the monitor broke, and which I got myself a new monitor, (BenQ 24" LED RL2450HT).

This monitor, however, uses DVI instead of VGA, my main uses HDMI, which there is no problem with.

So the problem started occuring after I change from VGA to DVI.
Can you please help me with this?
Please, I have tried everything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2012, 04:11 AM   #2
Administrator
Manager, Microsoft Support
Acting Manager, Security
BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Hi -

Bugcheck 0x1a = memory management error

Make sure video drivers are updated.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can a video card damage a monitor?
I posted this in another forum and no one replied. Let me give you the scenario. I have a SAPPHIRE 100260SR Radeon HD 4850 X2 1GB 512-bit (2 x 256-bit) GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card. The card has 4 dvi ports so I can have 4 monitors attached to it. 2 of my...
ikarihiokami Video Card Support 5 07-01-2011 03:59 PM
Constant BSOD errors. Please Help
Hello, My problem all started when I was just causually streaming a video online. All of a sudden I hear a loud buzzing sound and my PC freezes. I didnt think anything much of it until I reset my PC. After I reset my PC I wasnt even able to get the BIOS to boot. After a lot of playing around, I...
YoWhatUp BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 1 06-23-2011 04:51 AM
[SOLVED] Hp f1905b monitor dvi problem
It seems like the monitor can't detect the new unopened dvi cable. Help?
Osea23 Other Hardware Support 4 06-14-2011 07:35 PM
[SOLVED] Windows 7 New mobo/cpu/ram - BSOD, program crashes, errors
I recently purchased a brand new motherboard/cpu/ram. As soon as I put everything in place and started up, I started to have BSODs, missing/corrupt file/system driver errors on startup, random program crashes (like windows explorer/windows communications platform). Naturally I assumed that this was...
Tautology BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 14 01-23-2011 04:03 PM
Persistent BSOD errors
Hi, My Acer aspire 8735G is repeatedly having BSOD errors. The OS is Windows 7 (x64), and was pre-installed I have only had the machine since June/July I have previously reset to factory settings, but used the function which automatically backed up all files and retained the OS. As for the...
FGZstar BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 2 01-02-2011 04:48 AM