Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

User Tag List

BSOD - Custom Built PC

This is a discussion on BSOD - Custom Built PC within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Attached is all the information required by the BSOD posting instructions. In addition to dump files from the passed few

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 04:51 PM   #1
Registered Member

Attached is all the information required by the BSOD posting instructions. In addition to dump files from the passed few days.

Windows 7 x 64

What was original installed OS on system? - Windows 7 x 64
Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? Retail
Age of system (hardware) 2 HDD's roughly 5-7 years old, SSD 2 years old,
everything else is 3.5-4.

Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? 3.5-4, yes the OS has been reinstalled
CPU - Amd Phenom II x4 965 Processor 3.40 GHz
Video Card EVGA Nvidia 550 Ti
MotherBoard Asus M4A88TD-M Micro Atx
Power Supply - brand & wattage PC Power and Cooling 950

System Manufacturer Self Built
Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom)

Laptop or Desktop? Desktop, Dual Monitors

16 gbs RAM, Corsair, (G Skill -(I believe)).

Additional Notes:
To my knowledge, the BSOD's occur randomly, not when I am using a specific program. It has been an ongoing thing for
months. I just restart and it goes for a while, then another BSOD. Furthermore, all my games crash. Sometimes after
hours of playing. Other times repeatedly in short windows, less than five minutes. I have formatted all my drives,
reinstalled windows and all my programs. However, it should be noted that upon booting the system reads two
windows OS. However, one is not bootable.

I have already ran driver verifier, I was immediately met with a BDOS upon every boot prior to the login
login screen of windows. I will be running the driver verifier in safe mode as well running memtests,
throughout the weekend in addition to the other links offered in the BDOS guidelines and instructions provided
by JCGriff.

Lastly, I have looked into updates for my BIOS. Should I hold off on this until after we address these issues?

Any assistance into solving this will be greatly appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PerfMon.zip (155.4 KB, 22 views)
File Type: zip Dump Files 21-26 July.zip (233.6 KB, 28 views)
File Type: zip Windows7_Vista_jcgriff2.zip (2.17 MB, 147 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2014, 05:10 PM   #2
Registered Member

New Addition:

I just ran verifier again, as my first attempt was different from the instructions given on this site. No BDOS as of yet. Will keep this thread posted on future details.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:17 PM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Send a message via Skype™ to Jared

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

This bugcheck indicates invalid system memory was referenced which results in a bugcheck.

Code:
BugCheck 50, {fffff8a0cdd7e2d8, 1, fffff8000319cd92, 5}
This can be shown by looking at the page table entries.

Code:
1: kd> !pte fffff8a0cdd7e2d8
                                           VA fffff8a0cdd7e2d8
PXE at FFFFF6FB7DBEDF88    PPE at FFFFF6FB7DBF1418    PDE at FFFFF6FB7E283370    PTE at FFFFF6FC5066EBF0
contains 000000040CE04863  contains 0000000000000000
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800031025dc
pfn 40ce04    ---DA--KWEV  not valid
All dump files I've looked through except one are 0x50 stop errors which iusually caused by faulty memory or bad drivers, given you're running Driver Verifier and nothing is happening I would say bad RAM is the cause.

The other bugcheck is a 0xC9 meaning Driver Verifier found an I/O violation.

Code:
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ScpVBus.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ScpVBus.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ScpVBus.sys
Probably caused by : ScpVBus.sys ( ScpVBus+b174 )
Code:
Resource @ nt!PiEngineLock (0xfffff800030d2da0)    Available

WARNING: SystemResourcesList->Flink chain invalid. Resource may be corrupted, or already deleted.

WARNING: SystemResourcesList->Blink chain invalid. Resource may be corrupted, or already deleted.

1 total locks

PNP_TRIAGE: 
	Lock address  : 0xfffff800030d2da0
	Thread Count  : 0
	Thread address: 0x0000000000000000
	Thread wait   : 0x0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER:  from fffff8000335b4ec to fffff80002ecebc0
The driver is causing a lock, it's corrupted a linked list and Driver Verifier has stopped the system in it's tracks.

Your Scarlet.Crush Productions Scp Dual Shock 3 is causing problems, this is your PS3 controller if I'm correct, check for driver updates or remove it.

Afterwards I recommend running memtest86.

With all this said so far I suggest running Memtest86 for at least 8 passes.

Which one should I download?

You have two options to choose from, you can either download the ISO version then burn it do a CD and boot it from there.
The other option is downloading the auto installer for USB sticks, you then boot from that USB stick.
Be warned though, it will format your USB then install the files needed to make it bootable so any files left over will be wiped off.

Download it here:

Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

So how does it work?

It works by writing a series of test patterns to most memory addresses over 9 tests, it then reads the data back to compare it for errors.

The default pass does 9 different tests varying in access patterns and test data. A tenth pass is optional from the menu which writes all the memory in zeroes then sleeps for 90 minutes and compares it to see if any address have changed, this takes 3 hours per pass each time.

My memtest86 isn't booting! What should I do?

This can be caused by a number of different reasons, common ones include your BIOS not setting using the correct settings, you might want to change your boot priority order.
Other causes include your motherboard not supporting bootable USB sticks in which case you'll need to use a CD (or floppy drive).

Any other issues you might want to look here:

FAQ : please read before posting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2014, 06:30 PM   #4
Registered Member

Thank you for the quick response, I understand this this will take some time and will keep the thread posted concerning the memtest results. Furthermore, I removed the ps3 controller software.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:33 PM   #5
TSF Enthusiast

My System

No problem take all the time you need.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:55 PM   #6
Registered Member

Memtest has completed pass 0 and found three errors. I know you have requested eight passes, so it will be running through the night.

However, I read the FAQ and it says that the program does not record the errors in any sort of file. This seems to be contradictory when compared to this site PassMark MemTest86 - Memory Diagnostic Tool - Technical Information . Which states that it can be saved to an html file. I only bring this up as to get ready for the next step, in troubleshooting these and possible further errors.

Again thanks and have a nice evening.
Old 07-27-2014, 02:36 AM   #7
TSF Enthusiast

My System

No point running it anymore if there are errors, a single error is enough to show something is wrong.
Your RAM is faulty.
Now take out all your RAM sticks but one and test them individually in different DIMM slots as the slots on the motherboard might be faulty.
Old 07-27-2014, 05:24 AM   #8
Registered Member

I believe I have found the possible culprit, one stick of ram always crashed in slot one during pass 0 between test five and six. However, it did not crash in any other slot. Nor did any other stick of ram in slot one.

I have removed the stick and will be using my computer normally throughout the days to come. Will report with any details of crashes and BSOD.
Old 07-27-2014, 06:06 AM   #9
TSF Enthusiast

My System

That sounds like a bad motherboard, if the same stick crashes in one slot but not the other then you should get a new motherboard.

Is it under warranty?
Old 07-28-2014, 06:21 AM   #10
Registered Member

Hello again,

My motherboard is not under warranty any longer. Nevertheless, I have been looking into upgrading it in the coming month.

Furthermore, I know 24 hours is just a test period and provides no real definitely evidence. However, since I removed the RAM stick I have not received a BSOD. This again provides no definitive evidence as to the problem being solved. I will say though, one thing that strikes me as possible evidence as in the last 24 hours not one program or plugin has crashed. Again I will keep the thread posted with further updates in the coming days and will continue to run memtests at night as a precaution.

Again, I cannot thank you enough for reassuring my speculation on the issue and greatly appreciate all the assistance.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:37 AM   #11
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Don't worry about it, I'm here to help.
Please, keep me updated on how everything goes.

I'm not too great with hardware so you might want to ask elsewhere about how to upgrade/which motherboard to get as I'm not good with that type of stuff.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:51 PM   #12
Registered Member

Well, for the last couple days everything has remained the same no BSOD or program crashes. I have been running memtests at night and no errors. I've even used the slot that could be potentially malfunctioning.

I don't know why though, but my computer seems to be running slower and firefox always asks me to stop script "https://redir.adap.tv/redir/javascript/adaptvInfo.js:1".
It has specifically asked me around 15 times during writing this post.

What is the causation and solutions to these two new issues? If any could be provided.

Again, extremely grateful for all the assistance.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:33 AM   #13
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Hmm, I still think it's RAM/motherboard but okay.
Keep me updated.
As for Firefox I have no idea, I've never had that error before.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:53 AM   #14
TSF Enthusiast

My System

That redirect may be a virus.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:13 AM   #15
Enthusiast

My System

good way to test if the motherboard is faulty is if the motherboard has a speaker i.e you hear a beep when POST starts is to remove all of the RAM and turn it on. If you do not hear a series of beeps to say you don't have any RAM installed the your motherboard is faulty.

If RAM fails at any stage during memtest your RAM is faulty but if it doesn't fail when in any other slots then that slot is faulty.
Closed Thread