Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

User Tag List

BSOD - Custom Built Computer

This is a discussion on BSOD - Custom Built Computer within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I get a BSOD at mostly random times. I've attached the files as per the posting instructions. Any help

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 01:36 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello,

I get a BSOD at mostly random times. I've attached the files as per the posting instructions. Any help is appreciated.

Edit #1:
I ran driver verification - no BSOD occurred. Attached is the result of verifier /query.
Attached Files
File Type: zip BSOD_Files.zip (954.3 KB, 32 views)
File Type: txt verifier_status.txt (7.1 KB, 27 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2013, 02:48 PM   #2
Registered Member

Additional Information.
Attached Files
File Type: zip msinfo32.zip (72.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: zip CpuZ_Images.zip (317.8 KB, 17 views)
Old 03-02-2013, 02:52 PM   #3
Registered Member

My System

Send a message via Skype™ to CallsignWulf

The first BSOD points to srvnet.sys and ntoskrnl.exe, the second one only shows ntoskrnl.exe, something is causing it to fault. Do you have AVG installed? My dads computer had the srvnet.sys BSOD a while back and simply removing AVG fixed it, though be sure to install a different antivirus in it's place. EDIT:CPU isn't overclocked, is anything else? Make sure it's stable, also it couldn't hurt to try a memory test after making sure the DIMM slots are completely clean and the RAM is properly seated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2013, 02:58 PM   #4
Registered Member

Thank you for your reply.

I don't have AVG installed. I ran an 11 hour P95 test with no problems (Blend). Haven't run MemTest86+ yet. I did have a minor overclock on both the memory and CPU - I've reverted back to defaults. How long of MemTest86+ and Prime95 should I run before I can deem an overclock or system stable?
Old 03-02-2013, 03:01 PM   #5
Registered Member

My System

Send a message via Skype™ to CallsignWulf

You keep posting while I edit ;_;
I personally went the cheap route when using prime95, I did it for about 6-8 hours, some people do it for 19. As far as memtest goes, I've never bothered with it yet, I don't OC my RAM nor have I had any issues with it. You'll have to look it up or wait for someone skilled with it to jump in. If the above suggestions don't do anything then I sadly can't help anymore on this one.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:04 PM   #6
Team Manager - Hardware
Acting Manager, Security Center

My System

Usually suggested is to run 4 complete 8 part tests with memtest86 which should take up to 4 hours to complete.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and more effectively.
Closed Thread