Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

User Tag List

BSOD custom built computer

This is a discussion on BSOD custom built computer within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. OS - Windows 7 x64 clean installed on 120GB Corsair SSD (CSSD-F120GB3A-BK) full retail version <6

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 02:43 PM   #1
Registered Member

OS - Windows 7 x64
clean installed on 120GB Corsair SSD (CSSD-F120GB3A-BK)
full retail version
<6 Months old
<6 Months old - have you re-installed the OS? No

Intel i7-3770K Ivy Bridge (BX80637I73770K)
MSI N670GTX-PM2D2GD5
ASUS P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155
Antec HCG-750 750W ATX12V

This was a custom build I completed early August.
Attached Files
File Type: zip BSOD Report.zip (1.08 MB, 18 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2012, 03:02 PM   #2
Administrator
Team Manager, Gaming
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
Team Manager, Hardware Team
Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

There are not any .dmp files in the upload to look at.
Check in the C:\windows\minidump folder to see if there are any, if there are zip up and upload, if not check the PC is set to collect mini dumps.

Check the PC is set to collect mini dumps> https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ps-655633.html
Old 10-16-2012, 03:11 PM   #3
Administrator
Team Manager, Gaming
Microsoft MVP

From the system info report I see the USB driver is not installed
D/L the USB driver "Asmedia USB 3.0 Driver V1.14.3.0 for Windows XP 32bit & XP 64bit & Win7 32bit & Win7 64bit.(WHQL)" from the Asus site> ASUS - Motherboards- ASUS P8Z77-V LK

Make sure the Corsair SSD drive has the latest firmware on it.
Corsair SandForce 5.03 Firmware Update - All Drives and Capacities HERE - The Corsair Support Forums
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2012, 09:39 PM   #4
Registered Member

Thank you for your reply Wrench. Unfortunately there are no dump files in that location and I have the settings setup the way as indicated in your link (with the exception of "Overwrite any existing file" option checked and I am unable to change that.) I have made the necessary updates and still received one BSOD shortly after flashing the firmware. I find is bizarre that I get the BSOD flash screen only to find no data was recorded in the process. Quite frustrating actually. Please let me know if there is any additional information I can provide to resolve the issue if it does indeed reoccur.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:45 AM   #5
Administrator
Team Manager, Gaming
Microsoft MVP

Try setting it to collect a "Kernel Dump" lets see if it will do that.

Lack of dumps can also mean the drive storage system is what's causing the problem, but usually you will see something listed on screen naming a storage driver.

Lets get a look at the Temps and volts in a attempt to rule things out.

D/L and run Hardware Monitor do something intense like a virus scan or gaming for a bit, Alt+Tab back to HWM expand all the trees and use the Win7 snipping tool to grab a screen shot of the HWM window, post the screen shot using the paperclip button in the advanced message box(Go Advanced button).
Closed Thread