Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

User Tag List

BSOD and Driver Power State Failure

This is a discussion on BSOD and Driver Power State Failure within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Morning, all. I could use a bit of help--I've been having a number of BSODs lately, and they always relate

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 07:56 AM   #1
Registered Member

Morning, all.

I could use a bit of help--I've been having a number of BSODs lately, and they always relate to a driver power state failure. Doing my own research has not really been as productive as I'd like.

Of note: this really only happens when I open the laptop back up after leaving it alone for some hours (when I wake up, and occasionally when I get back from work). The computer will run fine for about 5-10 minutes, and then I get a BSOD. I'm running Vista, SP2, on a Dell Inspiron 1525--haven't really had any major problems with this before.

I'm attaching a zip of the minidump and the msinfo32 file as I saw requested in another thread. Many thanks for any help!

Best
writingmiles
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mini.zip (246.7 KB, 19 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2013, 08:05 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

For more specific troubleshooting, please follow the blue screen posting instructions to provide your full reports.
https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

Crashes point to your M-Audio KeyStudio device and/or its drivers. It is conflicting with your PreSonus Inspire WDM device and/or its drivers.

-----
Old 03-04-2013, 08:08 AM   #3
Registered Member

Many thanks--will update soon!
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BSOD with new vegas
Hi, I usually played this game fine, it BSOD a couple of time during gameplay but they were always isoleted accidents. Now I've re installed it and Every time I go out of the first building it BSOD after the loading screen. I've done a memory check and it came out without errors. Can someone...
Eingya PC Gaming Support 2 11-21-2012 03:31 PM
Windows XP Freezes Without Error Message or BSOD
My desktop randomly freezes and will not respond to keyboard or mouse inputs. No blue screen or error code is generated when this happens. Originally this occasionally happened shortly after resuming from standby. However, it has progressed to happen randomly anytime the computer is turned...
mattpete BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 14 11-20-2012 03:38 PM
BSOD! Help Please
Um, firstly heres my OS stuff from Dxdiag: (I was running this on Safe Mode since i keep getting the BSOD when running on normal) ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report: 9/15/2012, 12:04:12 Machine name: HOME-PC Operating System: Windows 7...
ZhengR BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 1 09-14-2012 06:52 PM
[SOLVED] Windows XP BSOD Possibly ATI X1900 related
I found the thread BSOD posting for Windows 7 and Vista, but I'm running XP. As soon as someone points me to the proper place, I'll go through those motions. Please forgive any breech of protocol. Kind of flying blind here, so I beg your patience. First system info: ------------------ System...
DrZin Windows XP Support 11 06-03-2011 11:49 AM