Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

User Tag List

amd display drivers crashing

This is a discussion on amd display drivers crashing within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hi all have a problem with my computer crashing all the time,amd display drivers failing and recovering basicly and many

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 03:08 AM   #1
Registered Member

hi all have a problem with my computer crashing all the time,amd display drivers failing and recovering basicly and many many minidumps,im running a asus h77 pro motherboard,ivy 3550 cpu ,8 gb of 1333 ram,550 whatt psu and a HIS ati radeon 7770 graphics card,im thinking drivers but have updated them and its still happening...please help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2013, 03:18 AM   #2
Registered Member

Have you tried uninstalling your graphics drivers in safe mode and restarting your PC with only the Basic drivers installed ? also you could try uninstalling previous drivers, in some cases certain games or programs can install additional updates that can cause conflicts. If all else fails you could try a clean install of win7 on a different hard drive to rule out a software or driver conflict.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:52 AM   #3
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi and welcome to TSF please follow the instructions here https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html
and post the info you gather here in the meantime try a reinstall of your drivers,I have moved you to Bsod's,App Crashes and Hangs for further help with the Bsod's

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2013, 10:42 PM   #4
Registered Member

hi there,seems my issue was driver related in so much as the amd catalyst software was acting up i have uninstalled it and installed amd,s hydro vision which also updates your drivers and are now crash free,ty for all your time and help guys
Old 08-01-2013, 08:41 AM   #5
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Well done nice job troubleshooting there have been instances of the catalyst software being a issue on occassion

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search