Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

User Tag List

2 Crash Dumps - ntkrpamp.exe

This is a discussion on 2 Crash Dumps - ntkrpamp.exe within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi there! Lately I have had crash dumps pretty regularly - almost daily. Tonight after two dumps, I ran WhoCrashed:

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 05:24 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi there!

Lately I have had crash dumps pretty regularly - almost daily. Tonight after two dumps, I ran WhoCrashed:

Conclusion

2 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

ntkrpamp.exe

I have tried several things, but nothing has truly fixed my issue.

I have followed the instructions to get help from your group of experts.

Here's my info:
Vista Home Premium, SP2 (original installation)
32 bit
Built in 2006
CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64x2 dual core processor 5600+ 2.80Ghz
NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
HP m8100n
(can't get the power info until I have help moving my desk)

Thank you for any help you can offer!

Paula
Attached Files
File Type: zip Windows7_Vista_jcgriff2.zip (2.20 MB, 160 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2013, 06:38 PM   #2
TSF - Enthusiast

My System

Hello,

Take a look at the link below and enable verifier. Follow the steps to setup verifier

If the system crashes with verifier running please attach the new dump files.

https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ed-473665.html
Old 04-10-2013, 06:19 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thank you, makinu1der2. I had difficulty with the verifier. It kept cycling, BSOD would just blink, then rebooting over and over. Instead of being able to F8 and boot into safe mode, Launch Startup Repair kept coming up. Then would ask if I wanted to use system restore to fix the error. I also tried to run the verifier /query but it just blinked and closed. I'm not sure if that's what's supposed to happen.

The last minidump recorded was yesterday's although running WhoCrashed gave me this today:
Crash Dump Analysis
Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Tue 4/9/2013 11:27:44 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini040913-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlpa.exe (nt+0x4DF99)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x601C1DD0, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFF81C79BB5)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntkrnlpa.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 4/9/2013 11:27:44 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrpamp.exe (nt!Kei386EoiHelper+0x2971)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x601C1DD0, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFF81C79BB5)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: ntkrpamp.exe .
Google query: ntkrpamp.exe IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I'm attaching the 2nd zip folder.

Thank you again for your help.

Paula
Attached Files
File Type: zip Windows7_Vista_jcgriff2 (2).zip (2.41 MB, 72 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

It is difficult to help with only one .dmp when clearly you had multiple .dmps created. Please stop deleting them with ccleaner; it handicaps us in helping you.

Your one crash was hardware related and likely a memory fault. Provide the following information about your hardware so we can check compatibility:
Download and install CPU-Z and Upload screenshots of the CPU, Mainboard, Memory, and SPD tabs. In the SPD tab, upload an image of each slot. To upload all screenshots, it would be best to:
  1. generate the images using the Snipping Tool,
  2. go to where the images are saved,
  3. right click in a blank area within the folder where the images are saved,
  4. create a new folder,
  5. name the folder CPUZ,
  6. select all the images,
  7. place the pointer over an image,
  8. press and hold down the left mouse button and drag the image (all images should move with it),
  9. drop the images into the CPUZ directory you created,
  10. create a compressed (zipped) folder of CPUZ
  11. upload the .zip file to the forums.
Run some memory related diagnostics:
Quote:
NOTE:
  • If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.
  • Run display device memory tests to check the display card for memory problems.
    Display device memory tests
  • Run Memtest86+ for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold.
    Test RAM with Memtest86+
  • Run Prime95 to test your CPU, RAM modules, and general hardware.
    Prime95 Hardware Stress Testing Steps

-----
Old 04-11-2013, 02:31 PM   #5
Registered Member

Thank you, writhziden. Here are my screen shots. But I don't believe I have run ccleaner since mid March (and don't see it is scheduled to run), and I have no clue how to overclock hardware, so no risk in me doing that.

l will run the diagnostics you suggest.

Something else that seems to be happening quite a bit the last few days, windows will freeze, 'Windows Explorer has stopped working' and then searches for a solution and restarts. All related?

Thanks again for your help.

Paula
Attached Files
File Type: zip CPUZ.zip (270.2 KB, 38 views)
Old 04-11-2013, 02:47 PM   #6
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Nothing in CPU-Z to cause too much concern unless you upgraded the RAM anytime recently before this started. I do see two sets of different RAM, but if it was working fine for a long time, it is unlikely it is a conflict and more likely a failure of the RAM, PSU, hard disk, or motherboard.

Let us know how the memory diagnostics go.

And yes, the explorer crashes could very well be related to the overall problem.

-----
Old 04-12-2013, 05:21 PM   #7
Registered Member

I ran all the diagnostics and no problems were found - all passed. I ran Memtest just once so far (10 passes) when it was cold. But will run it again tonight when it's been on and warm. I've attached the Prime95 results (wish my son's report card looked that good: passed, passed, passed.... Kidding, he's a good student)

I haven't done any upgrading and it has been working fine for the longest time. Looking back, it seems like the BSODs started when I was rooting my phone. But what I downloaded at that time has been removed. (BTW my phone is great being rooted)

I'll post the results from the 2nd Memtest tomorrow.

Thank you again for all your help.

Paula
Attached Files
File Type: zip resultsP95.zip (505 Bytes, 36 views)
Old 04-14-2013, 08:10 AM   #8
Registered Member

Good morning! Well, after 15 passes in Memtest, no problems were found. AND I haven't had one BSOD since the evening I ran the verifier.
When running it, I got the BSOD blink, blank screen, BSOD blink, blank screen, then my only option was to (A) Launch windows repair (B) Start windows normally. After attempting (B) several times, I ended up choosing (A) and since then I haven't had one BSOD. If there's a way to identify the issue that seems to be fixed, I have not a clue how to do it. Should I let sleeping dogs lie, at least until the issue reappears?

Thank you for your help.

Paula
Old 04-14-2013, 08:27 PM   #9
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Windows repair does a few things that may have fixed your problem. A system restore to before the problem started is one of those possibilities. Another is a disk check and/or system file check to fix corruption of file data and Windows system files.

Let us know how things are going after you have had a chance to do your normal routine for a while.

-----
Closed Thread