09-05-2008, 11:02 AM
Join Date: Sep 2008
Operating system : XP (32-bit) Home edition
Hi, only recently have I been having these problems. I've run all of the malware removal software you've suggested but with no results. I've updated windows and tried conventional methods of re-enabling Windows firewall through control panel and/or services. Two of the error messages I get while trying to activate the firewall are as follows.
1. Double-clicking firewall under control panel yields...
- Windows firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running, would you like to start the windows firewall (ICS) service?
-Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall (ICS) service.
2. Starting Windows Firewall from services
- Could not start the windows firewall/internet connection sharing (ICS)service on local computer.
Error 1075: The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion.
My second problem involves my nvidia control panel failing to open (I'm not sure if this may be related). I've removed all nvidia drivers and re-installed the most current chipset, and GPU drivers. Upon launch I receive an error message stating that nvidia control panel has encountered a problem and "needs to close" followed by the options to either send an error report or not (you know the drill).
A third problem I'm having not stated in the topic title but almost definitely relevant is the inability to created system restore points. To make matters worse, there are no current restore points available for me to access.
- System restore is unable to create a new restore point, please restart the computer and run system restore again. (doesn't help)
With that said, here's my HijackThis log and Panda Activescan log. Hopefully someone could shed some insight on my problem(s) but if not I've learned a lot from your site anyhow and thank you for the useful information.
Let me know if you require any other information and i'll pass it on.