04-07-2009, 07:41 AM
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
OS: Dual Boot Setup, Vista SP2 and XPSP3
Download DDS and save it to your desktop from here
Disable any script blocker, and then double click dds.scr to run the tool.
- When done, DDS will open two (2) logs
- Save both reports to your desktop.
Download GMER Rootkit Scanner from here
Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries without proper guidance from an expert user.
- Extract the contents of the zipped file to your desktop.
- Double click GMER.exe. If asked to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please agree to do so.
- If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...click on NO.
- In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following ...
- Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
- Show All (don't miss this one)
- Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.
- Once the scan completes, click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "ark.txt".
- Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop
...when finished, please post those logs back here. Thanks!